`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what are the chances?

what are the chances?
watching this and bid low just to throw my hand in the pot. still watching very closely btw. Brand spanking new user with no feedback bid on this item and this item only,twice.. to double the auction price today. just thought it was a little fishy and I knew the price was going to go well beyond this anyway but really?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/270807775967?ssP...500wt_1287
no org, please do not send trade requests

RE: what are the chances?
Someone did it earlier to. Dunno why they'd need to do that though, the real people are bidding it up themselves anyways...

When I first started eBay back in 2002, I (thought that) I just had to lead from beginning to end. So when anyone would bid over me I promptly placed a higher bid. I have learned so much since then!!
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

haha, i was watching this card last night and assumed that out of the 14 bids so far 10 of them were yours lol

What John said.

I thought you would be winning it the whole time.

Not if in win it first ;-)
[Image: Banner.jpg]

I don't have my hopes up as i realize what this can and should go for seeing how much i've paid for the others from this set. dang :S it just irritated me to see that bidder and I still think it's almost to obvious but couldn't find anywhere to report it
oh and look now. someone bid higher and this same bidder bid just enough to outbid them. hmm...
why not just bid your absolute max instead?
no org, please do not send trade requests

Hey fellas,i'm certain i'm the bidder your talking about.Yea,my account has zero feedback,but i'm not a schiller.Just wanted to clear that up for ya,i'd hate for someone not want to bid on this because they we're thinking foul play within the auction or something.I'm a Griffey collector,and a "lurker" of the board.I put in one bid,and got auto upped,then just put in my max.

Just wanted to clear the air for everyone,happy bidding,and good luck!

I hate to say it but thats why I wait till the auction has 8 seconds left to make my max bid. That way if I loose then I loose. I am not thinking about oh well if I just went a little higher. This just makes it easier for me.
Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]

I would go that route,but to be honest,my max isn't much higher than where the auctions at now.It's a beautiful card,but i'm not a superfractor happy collector..I'd be much more content with a patch/auto..I've just been contemplating a rainbow,buttttttt if it doesnt happen,i'll find something else.I really just wanted to clear the air,esspecially with michaelstepper,I've seen a few of his posts and he has a gorgeous collection,and i'd hate for it not to go to someone like himself because he thought it was being upped by a random person.