`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whats your experience with Beckett Marketplace?

Whats your experience with Beckett Marketplace?
Im thinking about buying some cards that Ive wanted but havent been able to find at local card shops from Beckett Marketplace. Ive spoken to a rep and he assured me that all cards would be delivered in the condition listed however in browsing the available product Ive found that there are distinct price variances for same cards listed at same condition. This naturally makes me wonder about the honest condition of the listed card.

It wouldnt surprise me that different people would have different experiences and much like the card shops themselves Ill likely need to find a guy that I can trust in delivering a quality product.

What is your overall opinion on Beckett Marketplace?

RE: Whats your experience with Beckett Marketplace?
(08-31-2011, 11:48 AM)Merovius Wrote: Im thinking about buying some cards that Ive wanted but havent been able to find at local card shops from Beckett Marketplace. Ive spoken to a rep and he assured me that all cards would be delivered in the condition listed however in browsing the available product Ive found that there are distinct price variances for same cards listed at same condition. This naturally makes me wonder about the honest condition of the listed card.

It wouldnt surprise me that different people would have different experiences and much like the card shops themselves Ill likely need to find a guy that I can trust in delivering a quality product.

What is your overall opinion on Beckett Marketplace?
I've purchased from there 2-3 times. It's all going to depend on which card shop you are buying the card from, I am assuming people will just have opinions on them as individuals as opposed to blaming the marketplace itself for good or bad service. Might be able to look up some of the shops named in the area and find their websites and possibly links to their Ebay feedback as well.

My purchases went well, save for one, I was sold an "altered" Cal Ripken Jr. RC by one shop, do not remember which one, but it had "shaved" edge to make the centering better. I got refunded my money on the card, but not the money I wasted sending it to be graded to find out it was altered.

I have bought from the Marketplace 3 times. 2 went perfect and the other was a case where the card owner no longer had the card in stock so he refunded my money. It sucked becuase it was a tough card to find and I was elated to have finally found it. So good experiences overall
[Image: 1849c983.jpg]

I've probably used it only about 20 times since 2005. Never a problem. Usually decent bargains.

I have bought from the marketplace many times and never had any issues.