`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the point of BCCG?

What is the point of BCCG?
I always wondered why beckett has both BGS and BCCG grading. BGS is right up there with the top graders and considered by most as the toughest. Then they have BCCG which in my opinion is a total waste of time and money. Nobody respects a BCCG grade. Take this card for instance. How in the world can they grade it a 9? It is off center, has bad corners and would be lucky to get a BGS 7.

By the way I am looking for a nice ungraded Dave Casper RC. Doesn't need to be mint, but better than this.

[Image: KGrHqRhIE4528KeFBORoueJ8q_12.jpg]
ebayID Brian60187 - Collecting PSA 10 RC's

http://s1238.photobucket.com/user/brianl...ll%20Trade

RE: What is the point of BCCG?
Because people still use it and they make money on BCCG. Other than that there is no reason to have it.
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

I think BCCG has different grading numbers, as in Near Mint is a BGS 7 and that card says 9 Near Mint or Better. I have also seen Beckett raw grade cards.

found this on the site at this link: http://www.beckett.com/grading/pricing.asp#price_r

In an effort to reach our wider audience, BCCG is a high-volume grading service intended to provide collectors with an attractive and affordable alternative to other graded card products.

Simplified 10-point grading scale
No internal sleeve
Quality archival protection
Sonically sealed/tamper-proof protection
On-time, every time guarantee
[Image: wavysig.jpg]

Cris Carter Collector 1660/2351
John Randle Collector 349/568
Pro Set Collector

http://s696.photobucket.com/albums/vv327...e%20Cards/

I am not questioning why Beckett does it. I am questioning why we as collectors pay for a sub standard grading service. It is one of the largest wastes of money in the hobby.

BGS and BCCG are both owned and operated by the grading side of Beckett. BCCG cards are probably graded by the same graders who grade BGS cards. How can one grading company give 2 different grades to a card? They are basically lying to people with the grades that they put on these BCCG cards. The grade you get from BCCG is meaningless. If a card is in MINT condition it should get a 9 regardless if you send the card to BGS or BCCG. If I take a BCCG card graded a 9 and send it in for a BGS regrade it should get a BGS 9.

In my opinion, they should do away with BCCG and replace it with a service that just encapsulates the cards. There might be some value in that to some collectors.
ebayID Brian60187 - Collecting PSA 10 RC's

http://s1238.photobucket.com/user/brianl...ll%20Trade

(08-29-2011, 04:16 AM)briankort Wrote: I am not questioning why Beckett does it. I am questioning why we as collectors pay for a sub standard grading service. It is one of the largest wastes of money in the hobby.

BGS and BCCG are both owned and operated by the grading side of Beckett. BCCG cards are probably graded by the same graders who grade BGS cards. How can one grading company give 2 different grades to a card? They are basically lying to people with the grades that they put on these BCCG cards. The grade you get from BCCG is meaningless. If a card is in MINT condition it should get a 9 regardless if you send the card to BGS or BCCG. If I take a BCCG card graded a 9 and send it in for a BGS regrade it should get a BGS 9.

In my opinion, they should do away with BCCG and replace it with a service that just encapsulates the cards. There might be some value in that to some collectors.
I completely agree with you! However until people stop using BCCG why would beckett not take the cash? In the end its all about the money.
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341