Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tony Larussa

Tony Larussa
Most overrated manager in history.

Since he has been with the Cardinals, I think he has platooned every position player except McGwire and Pujols. I think he has blown the confidence of a lot his players by doing this.

I see he is platooning Jay now, who took over for Rasmus, who was platooning before the trade.

Who has he not platooned?

RE: Tony Larussa
I wouldn't call him overrated by any means. He likes to rotate players often to give them rest, but I don't really think it ruins the confidence. The Cardinals still are tops in runs scored and average in the NL this season. Inconsistent starting pitching and too many late inning blown saves and walk-off losses killed the Cardinals this season.

I would only call someone overrated if they can't live up to a hype put on them. LaRussa is like #2 all time in wins, so I don't think there really is much more expected of him other than to just retire already haha.

(08-28-2011, 10:15 PM)slufan83 Wrote: The Cardinals still are tops in runs scored and average in the NL this season.
The Reds have scored 627 runs, while the Cardinals have 624 and 1 more game played
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

Overrated...I'm not sure. Nerve racking...yes. I was happy to see Jay get the CF job but I knew it would be short lived. I can't stand the way he handles the pitchers and his loyalty to his pet players. I'm ready for him to retire Smile
Interested in EX-MT or better pre-'56 Cardinals, '53 Bowman Color & '74-'78 Topps.
http://s606.photobucket.com/home/jalbregts

(08-28-2011, 10:24 PM)bustin 5 knots Wrote: The Reds have scored 627 runs, while the Cardinals have 624 and 1 more game played
Geeeesh look at that Reds fan being all nit-picky! Tongue

(08-28-2011, 10:42 PM)slufan83 Wrote: Geeeesh look at that Reds fan being all nit-picky! Tongue
They stopped going to the ballpark so they have time on their hands Smile Just kidding with you B5K Smile
Interested in EX-MT or better pre-'56 Cardinals, '53 Bowman Color & '74-'78 Topps.
http://s606.photobucket.com/home/jalbregts

Larussa is arrogant,condescending, and a bit of a whiner. The man wins baseball games though. He's friends with Bobby Knight and that should tell you something.

He has been platooning Schumaker since he was a rookie even though he hit over .300 three years in a row. He used to platoon Polanco, who only batted .300 every year. He used to platoon Ludwick, who hit 37 homers one year. Rick Ankiel hit 25 homers one year and he was sharing his job. It is endless.

And his handling of relievers has always been a car wreck.

The only reason he wins so many games is his pitching coach is a genius.

I didn't know he was friends with Knight. That tells me everything.

LaLoser.I wish he would take his AAAA American League ball back to the AL. Long Live Whitey Herzog and Whitey Ball!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like this thread Smile
[Image: Pirates_AlavarezMcCutchen.jpg]