`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BGS 9.5 97 metal universe jordan PMG red /100!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BGS 9.5 97 metal universe jordan PMG red /100!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, it is legit. OWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Where did this card come from? Well, take a look here.

This is the first time many collectors will have seen this card – one of the most highly sought after and discussed Michael Jordan cards on every message board online. Michael Jordan’s 1997 Metal Universe Precious Metal Gems Red /100 BGS 9.5 is one of those cards that you might hear about, but never see. Well…. here it is.

This is the ONLY Red PMG graded BGS 9.5.
If you follow Jordan cards at all, you know that a BGS 8.5 version sold for over $11K recently. Imagine if this ever hit the auction block. I don’t even care to put an estimate on it, especially with deep pocketed collectors who would go bananas over this card. In the meantime, enjoy looking at one of the most recognizable, highly sought after card ever made of the greatest basketball player, ever.

RE: BGS 9.5 97 metal universe jordan PMG red /100!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thats an awesome card!!!!! but one gripe, i dont think a card should ever get a gem mint grade with a subgrade that is mint, imo, that makes it not gem mint. the same way i dont agree with a card getting a 10 pristine grade with a subgrade that is 9.5 . but honestly, im not understanding the whole grading thing, how can you get a card graded 9 then send in the card to be regraded requesting a subgrade bump, then beckett send it back with the bump making the card a 9.5, doesnt sound like grading is consistent.
[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]

(08-28-2011, 01:36 AM)pingbling23 Wrote: but honestly, im not understanding the whole grading thing, how can you get a card graded 9 then send in the card to be regraded requesting a subgrade bump, then beckett send it back with the bump making the card a 9.5, doesnt sound like grading is consistent.
I am not 100% sure on this, but I don't think Beckett will regrade their own graded cards. They will regrade PSA, SGC, and all these other fly by night companies. They would pobably regrade their BCCG cards, which in my opinion is a waste of time and money to have a card graded BCCG. How can the same company grade a card a 10 BCCG and an 8.5 BGS?

Now if you wanted to break a card out of a case and send it back in for a "regrade" then you might get away with that, but if the card is serial numbered they might be able to check it against a database and just give you the same exact grades as before.
ebayID Brian60187 - Collecting PSA 10 RC's

http://s1238.photobucket.com/user/brianl...ll%20Trade

Overrated card, it's nice but not worth 15-20 G's that's insane

brian kort, there is a member of another forum, he had a bgs 9 jordan insert from metal, he left it in the case, and sent it in with a note asking for a subgrade bump. beckett gave him the bump and gave the final grade of 9.5. there are many others on that site that have done this also.

Was this guy spaming an ebay auction???
MY PHOTOBUCKET
LOOKING FOR....
NO MORE 1993-94 Finest Refractors / THE SET IS COMPLETED!!!

i dont remember seeing a link to an auction, i think there was a link to a blog or something.