`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's Only Fair...

It's Only Fair...
I know the manufacturers could care less after the product leaves the warehouse, and I've heard of their PATCH VERIFICATION PROCESS with Kodak (if that even exists), but honestly, patches are usually numbered to /50 or less, UNLESS they're RC's numbered /99, /499, /999 or something. Anywho... You mean to tell me, NO ONE at Panini, Topps, UD, or any other manufacturer out there that can do patches can SCAN OR TAKE PICTURES TO AUTHENTICATE THEIR PRODUCT?!
Or they just don't giva...(insert word here) after they get their money?!
Collecting Falcons, 3 Color or More Patches!
--- 2011 Rookies and Stars Materials Black Prime Longevity 053 out of 106 found. HELP!
[Image: StevenJacksonFalconsSmall.jpg]

http://s626.photobucket.com/user/JHnGA09/library

RE: It's Only Fair...
(08-27-2011, 02:32 PM)jheringa09 Wrote: I know the manufacturers could care less after the product leaves the warehouse, and I've heard of their PATCH VERIFICATION PROCESS with Kodak (if that even exists), but honestly, patches are usually numbered to /50 or less, UNLESS they're RC's numbered /99, /499, /999 or something. Anywho... You mean to tell me, NO ONE at Panini, Topps, UD, or any other manufacturer out there that can do patches can SCAN OR TAKE PICTURES TO AUTHENTICATE THEIR PRODUCT?!
Or they just don't giva...(insert word here) after they get their money?!
pretty much...just think how easy it is for us to take pics of our PC's..seems like they can do it..better and faster....
I WILL DO IT FOR THEM IF THEY PAY ME!! they are just plain CHEEP if you ask me.....it is always the BOTTOM LINE bro...you know that..
Wink
i would pay a PREMIUM for a box or single IF i could trac/verify it....NO SHEEHOT! i WOULD John i swear in a second..20% at least for a single that i could SEE from insertion into pack,to pull,..to my hands.
cant be too tough..
i see those Einstein card trackers on some sites that can tell you WHAT cards have patches that are fake...gotta be some work but..they do it just by finding the original one sold on that site or another,finding the ser.#....and bingo...PROOF of faked card...
maga homework though i'm sure..
2007 FotG NFL Prime 130/133
2009 FotG NFL Prime 66/90
2010 FotG NFL Prime 103/103
DONE
http://s877.photobucket.com/user/sto66/l...ECUT%20SET
2011 Playbook Prime 68/95

What i would love to see is a picture database of at least the modern era cards they have coming out. I dont care if they start this year, its a start, and i would take my business to the first company that does it too. It would make it alot easier to identify what you have and know the difference's in fakes vrs real.
[Image: Dmurray29.jpg]
PC: Dez Bryant, Felix Jones, Demarco Murray.

(08-27-2011, 11:00 PM)chibearsboy Wrote: pretty much...just think how easy it is for us to take pics of our PC's..seems like they can do it..better and faster....
I WILL DO IT FOR THEM IF THEY PAY ME!! they are just plain CHEEP if you ask me.....it is always the BOTTOM LINE bro...you know that..
Wink
i would pay a PREMIUM for a box or single IF i could trac/verify it....NO SHEEHOT! i WOULD John i swear in a second..20% at least for a single that i could SEE from insertion into pack,to pull,..to my hands.
cant be too tough..
i see those Einstein card trackers on some sites that can tell you WHAT cards have patches that are fake...gotta be some work but..they do it just by finding the original one sold on that site or another,finding the ser.#....and bingo...PROOF of faked card...
maga homework though i'm sure..
I am so leery when it comes to buying single "patch" cards now due to the fact that most of them can be so easily faked. I have to admit, I've pulled some sick TAGS and LOGO and MASCOT patches numbered to 50 and 99 before, but when it comes to buying something, if it's not numbered to 10 or 5 or doesn't say PRIME or PATCH, I can't believe in it...
There are some die cut letters that make it extremely difficult to fake, then there are the SPA's and the NT's and Exquisite's that just plain leaves you wondering...

(08-27-2011, 11:07 PM)CowboysFanatic Wrote: What i would love to see is a picture database of at least the modern era cards they have coming out. I dont care if they start this year, its a start, and i would take my business to the first company that does it too. It would make it alot easier to identify what you have and know the difference's in fakes vrs real.
Bingo! Cuz the manufacturers do not make any return on the third party market, but it's something that will increase their share of the market due to the fact that they have a "visual database."
They can come out with VIDEO cards, but they can't scan a patch card in a database? Wha???
--- 2011 Rookies and Stars Materials Black Prime Longevity 053 out of 106 found. HELP!

I love the bulk of your thread about patch authentication, but I'm a little confused from these two quotes from you.......

" patches are usually numbered to /50 or less, UNLESS they're RC's numbered /99, /499, /999"

then..........

"I have to admit, I've pulled some sick TAGS and LOGO and MASCOT patches numbered to 50 and 99 before"

Just leaves me scratching my head a little......

Our son Derrick, 3 years and counting Medulloblastoma survivor....
[Image: blackandwhite2-1.jpg]
Trade Pail

(08-28-2011, 01:03 PM)hodee5 Wrote: I love the bulk of your thread about patch authentication, but I'm a little confused from these two quotes from you.......

" patches are usually numbered to /50 or less, UNLESS they're RC's numbered /99, /499, /999"

then..........

"I have to admit, I've pulled some sick TAGS and LOGO and MASCOT patches numbered to 50 and 99 before"

Just leaves me scratching my head a little......
Okay. So when you pull something sick you know it at least came from the factory. Checking up on the Bay and even some trades, you have no clue if it's faked or not so you become or should become more hesitant to pull the trigger on it. Most patches are numbered to /50. That can be scanned in a few minutes.
RC's from Exquisite, NT come with nice patches and also single color patches... They're numbered higher and have more in circulation, but manufacturers can't verify what they produce by scanning what they created for public records?