`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kobe base cards question...

Kobe base cards question...
I have exactly 79 Kobe Base and Low End Inserts that have a Total Value of $218.50

guy at the LCS offered me 2 crisp 20 dollar bills (40 bucks for those of you who only speak taiwanese)

would you do it??

like 15 duplicates, MIN 60 base cards avg value of 2 bucks

RE: Kobe base cards question...
(08-26-2011, 10:52 PM)ShaqEatsThat Wrote: I have exactly 79 Kobe Base and Low End Inserts that have a Total Value of $218.50

guy at the LCS offered me 2 crisp 20 dollar bills (40 bucks for those of you who only speak taiwanese)

would you do it??

I'd probably take out $15-$20 worth and see if he'd still take it. 1/5 BV is reasonable but he may be pushing it a bit with that offer. Take out a couple $8 Kobes and go back!
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

$40 cash in hand and no hassles with ebay and shipping out packages sounds good to me. Do you really want to spend the next few weeks taking pictures and making auctions and shipping packages to maybe make $50 or $60 bucks instead of just taking the $40. Sure he will make money off of you, but he has a store and hundreds of customers. That's how it works. You could try to tell him your buddy said he would give you $50 or $45 and see if he will come up on his offer.
ebayID Brian60187 - Collecting PSA 10 RC's

http://s1238.photobucket.com/user/brianl...ll%20Trade

It really depends what inserts you are giving up.

(08-26-2011, 10:52 PM)ShaqEatsThat Wrote: I have exactly 79 Kobe Base and Low End Inserts that have a Total Value of $218.50

would you do it??

photo 7dbbff6f-c806-4600-9a7a-188e4785bb3a.jpg

i definitely think 1/5 bv for a bunch of $2 cards sounds like a good deal, especially since there are dups. now if it was like a 10 card lot that valued that much, i would be looking at around 1/3-1/4 bv if there were no rare or in demand cards. if youre wanting cash and dont care about the cards, and dont think they will be easily traded for pc items, sell them.
[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]

hey man looking for some kobe's i have some of his 24 cards if you need em let me know i need to get rid of em bad

$40 sounds good to me. but depends on what inserts. I would try to take out a few you want to keep & see if they still want the deal. base do not sale too good. I know non of my LSC in San Diego sale too much basketball.. actually, I've only seen one or two basketball collectors in the last month since I returned from deployment & I been going to to of my LSC almost every other day, just to stop in & say hi.

The way I look at base cards of any A-list players, you can pick them up for $1-5 per card at a cardshow. If I was a collector, then I'd want to see if I can pick up that many cards for a buck each. but it would depend on the inserts & product name.. Haven't been to a card show in a few years.. not too much happens in San Diego, Ca.

hard for me to find new shops in SOCAL. seems like they all closed their doors. I tried two today, both closed. One in Oxnard, Ca called Exquisite Sportscards & another that was just called, "cardshop", somewhere near LA. Forgot exact city.. it was along Pacific Coast Highway.. I remember driving by it a few years ago & wanted to check it out since I was taking the long way home from Santa Barbara to San Diego.. always nice for a weekend drive..
NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*