Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mariano Rivera v. Albert Pujols

RE: Mariano Rivera v. Albert Pujols
I would probably pick Pujols.

To think that Pujols is better than Riveira because he is a reliever, I don't think I agree with. If he was on any other team besides the Yankees, I might but he is in Pin Stripes, and with how long he has done what he has done as a Yankee, his value won't go away for a while either!

(08-26-2011, 11:07 AM)piyn Wrote: Pujols definetly. yes Rivera is a great closer but I wouldn't say greatest. Hoffman has that tied up for now. Pujols is definetly one of the greatest hitters in history.
There is no way any level headed baseball fan can say that hoffman is a better closer than rivera. And i hate rivera, and i hate the yankees. But that's not even close. Hoffman was a great closer but he never got it done when it mattered most of the time. It's not even worth arguing about to be honest it's not even close
(08-26-2011, 03:15 PM)cptnemo66 Wrote: +1 I was waiting to reply for someone to say this. I didnt want people to think my Yankee fandom influenced my decision.
I completely agree with this as well....marianos are alot harder to come by. jmo....either one is a nice score though

(08-26-2011, 11:07 AM)piyn Wrote: Pujols definetly. yes Rivera is a great closer but I wouldn't say greatest. Hoffman has that tied up for now. Pujols is definetly one of the greatest hitters in history.
Just checking. Is Rivera now the greatest closer of all time?

Rivera 602 saves

Hoffman 601 saves

IMO 9 saves later does not matter. If Rivera had a career ending injury and ended up with 599 saves he still was/is a better closer than Hoffman. The stats speak for themselves. Rivera has better regular season stats than Hoffman plain and simple. That does not even take into account his post season numbers. Hoffman was a great closer but in the end he is 2nd best.

...Rick

My PC & Trade... http://s558.photobucket.com/albums/ss22/...rts_Teams/

My trade items are at the bottom of my bucket listed as "Trade - (Type of Card)"

I'm always looking for HOF game-used in all sports...