`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How Do You Store Your Collection???

RE: How Do You Store Your Collection???
thanks.. hard to keep track of what is in each box. I got a few boxes with complete sets all in toploaders on onetouch holders.. (Fleer 87 & 88).. Ultimate 06-07, going to put Limited 09-10 all in toploaders too, once I complete it. I like doing it this way, so I can pull them out & go down memory lane later down the road.. plus, I'll be able to show my son some day without worry about them getting damaged or fingerprints on them.
NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*

(08-28-2011, 01:24 PM)dennisdrcards Wrote: Yes, built it about two yrs ago.
That's an awesome way of storing your cards. Also a very nice bureau.
Looking for all types of rookie cards. Only trade with a d/c #. If you have less than 25 trades you must ship first. Thanks.

[Image: 3sport.png]

Banner Thanks to CoolBrees.

wow fellas some real nice collections
looking for steve nash and vince carter
[Image: nashauto.jpg]

For my PC items the cheap game used cards go in snaptights, the better ones go in screwdowns or magnetic cases. Cheap auto and auto/game used go in screwdowns, and the nice ones in magnetic cases. All cards get put in team bags. For base,insert,rookie and serial numbered cards, I pennysleeve, toploader, and team bag them. To store them, I was looking for a chest of drawers like Dennis had, but I could'nt find 1 I liked. I ended up going to wal-mart, where they have these perfect tupperware like things, that are the perfect height, and have a sturdy pullout drawer. They also fit about 300 or so cards in snaptight, screwdown and magnetic cases in teambags in it. I'll get pics later.

Where do you guys buy your magnetic and other cases? I want to really have my collection displayed. Any suggestions?
Collecting:
Detroit Pistons
Greg Monroe
Jonas Jerebko
Austin Daye
Terrico White
89-90 Championship Teams
[Image: Sig01.jpg]

(08-30-2011, 11:03 PM)Joshua92 Wrote: Where do you guys buy your magnetic and other cases? I want to really have my collection displayed. Any suggestions?
They sell the magnetics at kmart, target, etc. for a buck a piece with uv protection.. Can't go wrong at that price but they only hold normal base or auto cards, none of the thicker ones. Thicker cases you'd need to look online or if you have a card shop..

(08-30-2011, 11:14 PM)krayzie83 Wrote: They sell the magnetics at kmart, target, etc. for a buck a piece with uv protection.. Can't go wrong at that price but they only hold normal base or auto cards, none of the thicker ones. Thicker cases you'd need to look online or if you have a card shop..
And would you say those are the best ones out probably for the price?
Collecting:
Detroit Pistons
Greg Monroe
Jonas Jerebko
Austin Daye
Terrico White
89-90 Championship Teams

I buy my card cases at my LCS. I get most of magnetic cases for a $1.00ea, but the 180cc are a $1.50ea. It is hard to figure out what card thickness goes with each case. I bought a ton of 35cc & 180cc, but don't have too many cards for them. I didn't think I was going to use all my 35cc, but I did... after going back to my older collection & pulling out the more expensive cards to put them in magnetic holders instead of toploaders..

I would suggest buying 1 or 2 of each magnetic cases & asking the shop owner if they can give you one or two toploaders of each size for free. this way, if you are opening wax at home or buying cards online.. you can figure out what type of holder you need. I usually put in my cards I buy online in new holders when I receive them. This way I know they are not scratched. I try to write down what type of cards go into what size protector, but half the time.. I forget to write them down, especially if I am opening wax in the store..
NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*

(08-31-2011, 08:40 PM)jpleazme805 Wrote: I buy my card cases at my LCS. I get most of magnetic cases for a $1.00ea, but the 180cc are a $1.50ea. It is hard to figure out what card thickness goes with each case. I bought a ton of 35cc & 180cc, but don't have too many cards for them. I didn't think I was going to use all my 35cc, but I did... after going back to my older collection & pulling out the more expensive cards to put them in magnetic holders instead of toploaders..

I would suggest buying 1 or 2 of each magnetic cases & asking the shop owner if they can give you one or two toploaders of each size for free. this way, if you are opening wax at home or buying cards online.. you can figure out what type of holder you need. I usually put in my cards I buy online in new holders when I receive them. This way I know they are not scratched. I try to write down what type of cards go into what size protector, but half the time.. I forget to write them down, especially if I am opening wax in the store..
What does cc means and how do you decide what cc to get for toploaders. Also how many sizes of top loaders are there?

Looking for all types of rookie cards. Only trade with a d/c #. If you have less than 25 trades you must ship first. Thanks.

[Image: 3sport.png]

Banner Thanks to CoolBrees.

Wow! So much to learn about collecting lol.
Collecting:
Detroit Pistons
Greg Monroe
Jonas Jerebko
Austin Daye
Terrico White
89-90 Championship Teams