`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PC Advice

PC Advice
I'm getting to the point in my Packers GU/Auto PC where I have a few gu/autos of the same player in a number of cases including some where I got a TTM Auto and also have a certified auto.

There are a number of guys that I don't have any autos of yet and I have been considering trying to trade some of my extra autos for guys I don't have yet. Some of these extra gu/autos I have received as freebies from members on here, so I don't feel the greatest about trading those off for other PC needs. At the same time though, I do have some holes in my Packers PC that I would like to fill.

Any advice? How do others handle trading "duplicate" PC items for other PC items? Thanks!

[Image: alanch-1.png]
-Banner Courtesy of rogue655-

Jim Leonhard Needs:
2005 Longevity Holofoil /25
2009 SPx Super Scripts Autographs Eight /8

Joel Effertz Needs:
2013 Bowman Draft Black Paper /1, Black Plate /1, Cyan Plate /1

RE: PC Advice
I normally don't trade from my Steelers PC. I do sometimes help out other Steelers collectors with dupes I have. But those are just my practices. I feel if you have dupes you don't need and they could help fill voids in your PC, do it Smile

I say go for it... Or do what I do, surprise other great members on here with your dupes...Smile
JAXON SHIPLEY SUPER COLLECTOR-PAYPAL ALWAYS AVAILABLE!!!Big Grin

I agree with T. I have had a couple of dupes given to me by members, but I have either passed them on as freebies, or I have traded them to get another pc item. I don't think anybody really minds, especially if it helps you to get more pc stuff.. JMHO....
[Image: AllthingsOregon2copy.jpg]

I'll try and do it with you, it just depends on what each of us have. As far as dups go I have many, but they may not be the players you're looking for. Nevertheless, check my bucket and see if there's anything you like.

Maybe we can work something out.
[Image: Gdgj0.png]

PhotoBucket

Top 5 Auto Needs
1. Elijah Pitts
2. Oscar Robertson "Big O"
3. Giannis Antetokounmpo "GA34"
4. Aaron Rodgers "A12R"
5. Aaron Rodgers "A8R"

You're not trading the ones you were given as gifts you are trading the ones you already had Smile
[Image: SigXacvol2.png]
New York Giants Fan & Collector.
http://s9.photobucket.com/home/deuce6000/

Gifts are yours to do with as you please. PBean told me I could burn the Buckeye rc's he gave me if I wanted, lol.
Some members feel differently though. If you decide to trade them, make a trade thread and state that some of these were gifts, and you are only trading them for pc needs.
[Image: 1c4478fb-d731-4d9f-ba14-899045a13077_zps5489e52d.jpg]

I agree with gonzo.... Sort of. I feel that anything I send as a freebie is yours to do with what you like regardless who I send it to, however as far as freebies I receive, to me I think the person took the time to send something to me and even if it's a dupe I keep the one they sent. That doesn't always mean it will be in my PC as I have found out I have a wife and son who likes collecting as well and some of those end up in one of their collections. I have had this conversation with another member and I think the conclusion was basically the cards are yours to keep trade or whatever you wish.
[Image: 4E727BD9-orig.jpg]

Tyson Jackson
Total Cards - 469/638 - 74 %
Autos - 164/249 - 66 %
Mems - 221/280 - 79 %
RC - 38/38 - 100 %
1/1s - 21
Total Tyson Jackson Cards Including Dupes 641

(08-25-2011, 09:57 PM)biglump007 Wrote: I agree with gonzo.... Sort of. I feel that anything I send as a freebie is yours to do with what you like regardless who I send it to, however as far as freebies I receive, to me I think the person took the time to send something to me and even if it's a dupe I keep the one they sent. That doesn't always mean it will be in my PC as I have found out I have a wife and son who likes collecting as well and some of those end up in one of their collections. I have had this conversation with another member and I think the conclusion was basically the cards are yours to keep trade or whatever you wish.
I still have all of the freebies I've ever received from my Beckett peeps, forgot to say that lol.
I pretty much feel the same about the gifts I receive. I still have a Buckeye hoodie from '94 that my brothers gave me for Christmas.
[Image: 1c4478fb-d731-4d9f-ba14-899045a13077_zps5489e52d.jpg]

Thanks for the advice everybody. Definitely agree with passing duplicates on as freebies if I can help someone build their collection or using them to trade for things I don't have yet.

I appreciate everything that I have gotten both trades and freebies. I know the thought and effort that go into both which is why I like giving things out as well. Guess it's just something I will have to think about as I keep building my PC. Thanks!
(08-25-2011, 06:31 PM)deuce6000 Wrote: You're not trading the ones you were given as gifts you are trading the ones you already had Smile
Yeah. Good way to look at it. Haha. Gifts have more meaning attached to them than trades or purchases.

(08-25-2011, 06:27 PM)bigtrip18 Wrote: I'll try and do it with you, it just depends on what each of us have. As far as dups go I have many, but they may not be the players you're looking for. Nevertheless, check my bucket and see if there's anything you like.

Maybe we can work something out.
`

Will check you and see if there is anything I could use. Thanks!

(08-25-2011, 09:57 PM)biglump007 Wrote: I agree with gonzo.... Sort of. I feel that anything I send as a freebie is yours to do with what you like regardless who I send it to, however as far as freebies I receive, to me I think the person took the time to send something to me and even if it's a dupe I keep the one they sent. That doesn't always mean it will be in my PC as I have found out I have a wife and son who likes collecting as well and some of those end up in one of their collections. I have had this conversation with another member and I think the conclusion was basically the cards are yours to keep trade or whatever you wish.
Love the stuff you sent me lump! Feel like I got alot more from you than what I sent out. What do your wife and son collect just out of curiosity?
(08-25-2011, 09:46 PM)mrgonzodad Wrote: Gifts are yours to do with as you please. PBean told me I could burn the Buckeye rc's he gave me if I wanted, lol.
Some members feel differently though. If you decide to trade them, make a trade thread and state that some of these were gifts, and you are only trading them for pc needs.
Definitely won't be doing any burning here! Haha!
[Image: alanch-1.png]
-Banner Courtesy of rogue655-

Jim Leonhard Needs:
2005 Longevity Holofoil /25
2009 SPx Super Scripts Autographs Eight /8

Joel Effertz Needs:
2013 Bowman Draft Black Paper /1, Black Plate /1, Cyan Plate /1