`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breaking a card out of a PSA slab

Breaking a card out of a PSA slab
I picked up a card for one of my Threads sets the other day but I am having no luck in getting it out of this PSA slab. Any suggestions?

[Image: Chattanooga-20110824-00069.jpg]

RE: Breaking a card out of a PSA slab
You try prying that sucka with a screwdriver yet?
[Image: SigXacvol2.png]
New York Giants Fan & Collector.
http://s9.photobucket.com/home/deuce6000/

(08-24-2011, 09:09 PM)deuce6000 Wrote: You try prying that sucka with a screwdriver yet?
You know when you ask for help with something and then immediately figure it out. Ya that's what happened here. I was afraid of taking a hammer to the corner of it but once I got the top a bit off, the screwdriver worked perfectly! Thanks!

haha I never done it but sounded good to me Smile
[Image: SigXacvol2.png]
New York Giants Fan & Collector.
http://s9.photobucket.com/home/deuce6000/

hahahah (LOL) LITERALLY!!! niiiiice!

Nice, I gotta take a card out of this "1st Graded" slab, did it cause any damage to the corners?

(08-25-2011, 04:54 PM)fishtaco02 Wrote: Nice, I gotta take a card out of this "1st Graded" slab, did it cause any damage to the corners?
No damage at all. There is no slab around the corners, only on the sides. Now getting the screwdriver in to crack off the top was nerve racking but thankfully nothing happened. Card looks perfect.

Curious... why break it out if its already been graded?
SuperCollecting: Jamie Harper of the TN Titans & Lee Smith Buffalo Bills Patriots 5th rd TE from Marshall. Also TN Titans, Recent Former TN Vols, Ladanian Tomlinson for my 8 yr old son and various others. Sets for 2011 R&S, 2011 Threads, 2011 Inception Base & Blue, 2011 Platinum & Gold, 2011 Finest

(08-25-2011, 05:34 PM)TRAVISTURNER Wrote: Curious... why break it out if its already been graded?
Some people don't like graded cards, want to send it off to another grading company or....well who knows lol

(08-25-2011, 05:34 PM)TRAVISTURNER Wrote: Curious... why break it out if its already been graded?
It was a 07 Threads Rookie Collection Dual Prime Card of Quinn/Thomas and I just bought it for my set. The prime's are only out of /25 so I had to pick it up when I had the chance. It was only .99, PSA grade 8, and since I have display cases on my wall for the Rookie Collection set, having the card slabbed was not an option.