`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breaking a card out of a PSA slab

RE: Breaking a card out of a PSA slab
Try dikes next time. Maybe a little safer;-)

PSA slabs are probably the easiest to bust open. Lay it on the long edge, then put a flathead screwdriver in the seam at the corner where the label is and give it a sharp rap with a hammer. It should split down most of the top edge. From there, just put the flathead between the two sections and give it a twist. That should split more of it apart. Continue working around the edges until it pops apart.

BGS cases can be busted as well, but they are WAY harder to do. I don't recall if I've busted any other cases such as GAI, but I seriously doubt they are as tough as BGS cases.

I used to but out every card I got that was for my PC, but I've lessened my stance on that now. However, I tend not to buy graded cards anymore.
[Image: sds_zpsc4ba5032.jpg]

You are already missed

i got 3 w.payton cards from the late 70s to bust out of psa slabs too....screwdriver?really? i cut the last one open with my dremel rotary cutter but they werent walter payton cards either..... little nervous with these....psa 9s witch means zero, but still....
2007 FotG NFL Prime 130/133
2009 FotG NFL Prime 66/90
2010 FotG NFL Prime 103/103
DONE
http://s877.photobucket.com/user/sto66/l...ECUT%20SET
2011 Playbook Prime 68/95

(08-25-2011, 10:10 PM)chibearsboy Wrote: i got 3 w.payton cards from the late 70s to bust out of psa slabs too....screwdriver?really? i cut the last one open with my dremel rotary cutter but they werent walter payton cards either..... little nervous with these....psa 9s witch means zero, but still....
I busted one open very easy to do there is a thin crease on the side of the slab put a flathead screwdriver in the crease and give it a little turn they will pop right open
[Image: 4E727BD9-orig.jpg]

Tyson Jackson
Total Cards - 469/638 - 74 %
Autos - 164/249 - 66 %
Mems - 221/280 - 79 %
RC - 38/38 - 100 %
1/1s - 21
Total Tyson Jackson Cards Including Dupes 641

(08-25-2011, 10:12 PM)biglump007 Wrote: I busted one open very easy to do there is a thin crease on the side of the slab put a flathead screwdriver in the crease and give it a little turn they will pop right open
ok then Lump. i will do it that a way.. seems to be the high vote getter here. thanks bro! it took an oyster knife to get my bgs cases open, they are so dang tough.. came apart in tiny pieces on the edges...brutal i tell ya
2007 FotG NFL Prime 130/133
2009 FotG NFL Prime 66/90
2010 FotG NFL Prime 103/103
DONE
http://s877.photobucket.com/user/sto66/l...ECUT%20SET
2011 Playbook Prime 68/95

(08-25-2011, 10:19 PM)chibearsboy Wrote: ok then Lump. i will do it that a way.. seems to be the high vote getter here. thanks bro! it took an oyster knife to get my bgs cases open, they are so dang tough.. came apart in tiny pieces on the edges...brutal i tell ya
Ya I don't recommend my method of destroying the corner with a hammer to get the screwdriver under the lid.