`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you think the centering is on this?
Question 
What do you think the centering is on this?
I'm thinking of sending this back in to get regraded. I have a Piazza RC that got a BGS 9.5 and the centering on it was a 9. The Rivera looks identical to it in centering and it got a 8.5...What do you guys think? The corners are better than a 9 IMO...Maybe after the Strassburg Superrefractor grading fiasco they have decided to get harder, i dont know?

What do you fellas think?

[Image: scan0021-1.jpg]
-Collecting rookie, game-used, and autographed cards of Hall of Famers and future Hall of Famers in baseball, basketball, and football.
-Collecting autographs/cut autos and memorabilia of historic figures.

RE: What do you think the centering is on this?
Piazza looks a little better than a 9, but the Rivera is diagonally centered (smaller margin on top left then bottom left)
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

A 9 cent on mo won't bump it to 9.5

(08-24-2011, 08:39 PM)011873 Wrote: A 9 cent on mo won't bump it to 9.5
Agreed, and you might want to take the pubes off the scanner before you scan.

(08-24-2011, 11:22 PM)alexs64 Wrote: Agreed, and you might want to take the pubes off the scanner before you scan.
nasty...
[Image: jetersig_zps16abeec2.jpg]
Collecting Robinson Cano, Eduardo Nunez, and Derek Jeter
Also making sigs

(08-24-2011, 11:22 PM)alexs64 Wrote: Agreed, and you might want to take the pubes off the scanner before you scan.
LOL thats funny
Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]

Just spit coffee out my nose, lol
Collecting Bob Feller, 1951 Bowman, anything Cleveland.

[Image: SonnyDay.jpg]

(08-25-2011, 05:59 AM)sonnyday Wrote: Just spit coffee out my nose, lol
I was tring to hold my laugh in not to wake up my wife and daughters but a few tears did come out my eyes after reading it. Its just how he said it I think but defintly funny. Hope its not actually a pup hair.
Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]

LMFAO I thought I was a weirdo for seeing the hair before the card. I literally have tears in my eyes from laughing so hard. Is that a Mariano Rivera DNA Relic Card??? To answer your question though, I think the Rivera is slightly more off-center than the Piazza. JMO though

Seriously, what were you scanning before you scanned those cards?

The centering on the Rivera is worse than the Piazza, and it's most evident on the bottom right corner. See below. Notice that the line I made starts at the exact same place at the top left , and it runs through the border of the card design at a 45-degree angle. The 45-degree angle line ends right on the Piazza card corner, but not on the Rivera as it ends on the right edge of the card and not the corner, and that tells you that the centering is off more on the Rivera. Though my line isn't exact, you get the point

Photobucket

And as someone else mentioned, even if you get a sub bump to a 9, you're card is still a 9 overall. You have to have at least three 9.5 subs to get a 9.5 overall, and you only have 1
I should mention that i think the centering on the Piazza should be a 9.5 and yours should be a 9, but that won't help you much
[Image: 1849c983.jpg]