`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you think the centering is on this?
Question 
What do you think the centering is on this?
I'm thinking of sending this back to regraded..There is no way the centering is an 8 on the David Robinson..I also think the corners and edges were low graded as well..I thought for sure this was a BGS 9.5 overall...

What do you guys think?

[Image: scan0023-1.jpg]
-Collecting rookie, game-used, and autographed cards of Hall of Famers and future Hall of Famers in baseball, basketball, and football.
-Collecting autographs/cut autos and memorabilia of historic figures.

RE: What do you think the centering is on this?
looks like its off a little both vertical and horizontal, how does the back look? but i agree that cards should grade a 9 imo.
[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]

On the robinson the left to right centering is off slightly. The top to bottom is quite a bit. On the top, the red line up and on the bottom the red down, there is a big difference in the width there. I wouldn't bother sending it for a regrade myself. Maybe you get it back and it is a BGS 9, but I don't think you will ever get a 9.5. Usually a regrade is done if your .5 away on just one area from the next grade up. If your trying to get a 9.5 at least 3 of your grade would have to improve. Your lowest grade could be a 9 and the other 3 would have to be 9.5s
ebayID Brian60187 - Collecting PSA 10 RC's

http://s1238.photobucket.com/user/brianl...ll%20Trade

(08-24-2011, 09:22 PM)briankort Wrote: On the robinson the left to right centering is off slightly. The top to bottom is quite a bit. On the top, the red line up and on the bottom the red down, there is a big difference in the width there. I wouldn't bother sending it for a regrade myself. Maybe you get it back and it is a BGS 9, but I don't think you will ever get a 9.5. Usually a regrade is done if your .5 away on just one area from the next grade up. If your trying to get a 9.5 at least 3 of your grade would have to improve. Your lowest grade could be a 9 and the other 3 would have to be 9.5s
The centering way look a little left to right is because the scan isn't straight up..That's my fault on how I set up the scan, however I think the centering should at least be a 9..

Also, I don't see why 2 9.5's and 2 9's should be a 9..I've never understood that.
-Collecting rookie, game-used, and autographed cards of Hall of Famers and future Hall of Famers in baseball, basketball, and football.
-Collecting autographs/cut autos and memorabilia of historic figures.

(08-25-2011, 12:17 AM)TheEvilEmpire Wrote: Also, I don't see why 2 9.5's and 2 9's should be a 9..I've never understood that.
Well the average would be a 9.25 which is less than a 9.5. That is why getting a 9.5 on a card is such a big deal. The difference between a BGS 9 and a BGS 9.5 on the Robinson RC is $60!
ebayID Brian60187 - Collecting PSA 10 RC's

http://s1238.photobucket.com/user/brianl...ll%20Trade