`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grading question

RE: Grading question
Imo I liked Graded Cards only bgs /Bvg but i only get Pc stuff graded becusse like others have said some don't like graded and most want play extra or trade more for graded cards so Imo If they are for pc and you like the look of graded cards I would get them graded but if you're doing it to make money unless you get a 9.5 or 10 you're probably not gonna get any more than a raw card
I collect Ladainian Tomlinson for my 2 year old son Braxton. I am working on NBA 50 Greatest Auto PC. I am also a Taylor Swift Super Collector

[Image: LT-1.gif]

http://s994.photobucket.com/home/wjlee1978/index

(08-24-2011, 11:34 AM)CowboysFanatic Wrote: I am still learning here, but back in the day anything graded with a top grade was considered worth more then the raw card, of course if graded by a reputable company. Has this concept changed for some reason?

I would certainly like to know because once i start buying boxes and i run across anything good numbered to 15 or less i fully intended to get that card in a holder and sent off for grading right away, PC guy or not.
For current-era cards, only a 9.5 or a 10 will increase the value of the card above the book value. In the price guide, values for cards from the mid-90's to now are shown for cards in mint condition, which is a 9.

(08-24-2011, 01:20 PM)spazmatastic Wrote: For current-era cards, only a 9.5 or a 10 will increase the value of the card above the book value. In the price guide, values for cards from the mid-90's to now are shown for cards in mint condition, which is a 9.
So it would have to be a perty stellar card straight out of the pack to get higher then a 9. With a card like the inception, which already has a rep this year of having some tiny chipping off the corner of the edges this wouldnt be a good idea to grade. Then it would be only worth it if a fella could tell by looking himself that it is a absolutely damage free well centered design and auto before sending in current era cards i gather. Ok thanks for that info.
[Image: Dmurray29.jpg]
PC: Dez Bryant, Felix Jones, Demarco Murray.

Personally I'm not a fan of BCCG at all and honestly wish they'd get rid of it altogether lol.. I'm not a fan because they (like PSA) encase the cards with no soft sleeve so they're free to bounce around and get dinged up if not handled properly. Personally I wish BGS would come out with a slab only option with no label, database or anything else to "justify" their high prices for those of us who just submit for the protection the BGS cases offer..

Hey I appreciate all your input on here guys! I learned a lot from all your comments. I appreciate it!
[Image: Untitled-1-1.jpg]