`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gotta question about a Kevin Durant card

Gotta question about a Kevin Durant card
I recently purchased a Kevin Durant Upper Deck Star Rookie, but instead of the card # being 234, it says BC-7. I also have an Adrian Peterson Star Rookie with the card # being BC-1 instead of 279. Can you tell me where these came from, and what they're worth? I can't find them anywhere in beckett, nor can i find any info on the web about them.

Thanks in advance
Looking for 2008 Topps Darren McFadden #346B (FB) and Jonathan Stewart #348B (No Helmet)!
Hook 'Em Horns \m/

RE: Gotta question about a Kevin Durant card
probably from a promo set.
[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]

(08-23-2011, 06:05 PM)pingbling23 Wrote: probably from a promo set.
I thought that too, but i can't find a promo set for either of the cards. I've been to upper deck's website, beckett, checkoutmycards, google, yahoo, etc..., but nothing comes up.

Looking for 2008 Topps Darren McFadden #346B (FB) and Jonathan Stewart #348B (No Helmet)!
Hook 'Em Horns \m/

you may be better trying to contact someone at ud, that knows what they are talking about, and see if they released any kind of promos with these cards and the numbering. its quite possible beckett doesnt have all the promo cards listed. surprising you cant find anything about it with all the sites youve visited.

(08-23-2011, 06:38 PM)pingbling23 Wrote: you may be better trying to contact someone at beckett, that knows what they are talking about, and see if they released any kind of promos with these cards and the numbering. its quite possible beckett doesnt have all the promo cards listed. surprising you cant find anything about it with all the sites youve visited.
Tell me about it, lol. I figured someone on the web would've put something out there about it. I see them all the time on ebay, too. I've even asked where they got the cards, and everyone says the same thing "not sure where they came from, sorry". I emailed Beckett and Upper Deck, but i'm not all that confident that Beckett will write me back. I wrote them 2 months ago about a product and never received even an email back.

Thanks for trying to help.
Hook 'Em Horns \m/

no problem man, i wish i could be more of help, i know it makes u go crazy when u cant find info about a card.

(08-24-2011, 02:37 AM)pingbling23 Wrote: no problem man, i wish i could be more of help, i know it makes u go crazy when u cant find info about a card.
No doubt. I've never had as much trouble with any card(s) as much as i do with these.

Hook 'Em Horns \m/

Could be one of two things - either the 2007-08 Upper Deck Rookie set which was released as a complete 30 card set, or it could be an unannounced box card insert that is specific to a particular retail packaging. If it's the last one, that would explain why beckett has no info - they tend to ignore a lot of retail exclusive stuff -regardless of the player or availability.

Collect Patrick Ewing, Jalen Rose, Kevin Garnett, LaMarcus Aldridge, Jeff Green

if you have less than 25 trades, I will ask you to send first.

(08-24-2011, 08:58 PM)taffster74 Wrote: Could be one of two things - either the 2007-08 Upper Deck Rookie set which was released as a complete 30 card set, or it could be an unannounced box card insert that is specific to a particular retail packaging. If it's the last one, that would explain why beckett has no info - they tend to ignore a lot of retail exclusive stuff -regardless of the player or availability.

I like that answer. I called Upper Deck and Beckett today, but neither of them had ever seen/heard of the card. Pretty sad when Upper Deck doesn't even know their own products. They asked me to send pictures, so hopefully when they see the pics they'll have an answer for me. I'll let you guys know when i hear something back, in case they might be rare and you want to pick one up (doubtful, but i'm trying to be an optomist).

i can't imagine how/why someone would put out a fake KD star rc card? I mean, it's only worth $30, and he's got cards worth 5x that. I looked on the back of the card to see if it had the upper deck hologram, but it didn't. It doesn't have it on his Santa Hat upper deck rc either, so maybe it doesn't mean anything. Anyways, i'll let y'all know something when i hear back from one or the other (or both).

Hook 'Em Horns \m/

Can you please provide scans. We might be able to figure it out.
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards