Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upper Deck Sweetspots
Question 
Upper Deck Sweetspots
I am new to this whole beckett online thing. but I am getting back to collecting cards and its been awhile.. but I was wondering if they have UD Sweet spot for 2011? I know they have 08 and 09's its one of my favorite ones to collect, bloody expensive per box though thanks for any replies.. back to Beckett.com to get used to it! Smile

EDIT: MODS / ADMINS , do me a favor if this is not the right area to be posting for this kind of topic , go ahead and move it.

RE: Upper Deck Sweetspots
Yeah its the wrong place to post this...however no UD sweet spot I don't think. It would be a good idea since UD has no MLB license they could still pull this product off with retired players.
[Image: ozziesmithbanner.jpg]
Always collecting Ozzie Smith!

No UD baseball products in 2011....they squeaked out a couple products in 2010 before the courts put an end to that. Sweet Spot for baseball hasn't been made since 2009.

Sadly Sweetspot is on a long hiatus if not completely dead. I believe Upper Deck doesn't have the rights to use current players images or team logos. Topps has an exclusive contract. Also don't sweat it, just make sure to pay attention to where you post things next time, this is the 'box breaks' section of the baseball forum, (where people post what they get in hobby boxes and such). This would be better placed in the general 'Baseball' section. Welcome to the community!
[Image: KingsSig2.jpg]
Looking for Lincecum, Wilson, Greenberg, Donte Greene, Kings and Giants

It's sad that UD still has exclusive rights to some baseball player signatures like Jeter, but Topps has exclusive rights to MLB cards. All of these exclusives are ruining the hobby IMO. I for one dislike Topps products and would much rather have UD. There are a couple Topps products I like, but for the most part I've all but quit buying wax.

Yeah exclusives are so rampant and disheartening in baseball, case in point, the best baseball games of all time MVP Baseball 03, 04 and especially 05, haven't had any follow ups due to 2k having the "exclusive"(other than The Show w/ Playstation) rights to use MLB players...I don't even play video games much but I would if they made a new MVP Baseball. Thankfully EA is planning to start up again in 2012 when the exclusive contract is up.
[Image: KingsSig2.jpg]
Looking for Lincecum, Wilson, Greenberg, Donte Greene, Kings and Giants

Thanks for all replies and I appericate it. ( will remember the next time for General Forums to post it ) but I was wondering if anyone know if there is 07, 08 or 09s unopened UD Sweet Spot? I wouldn't mind to buy a couple of boxes , a long shot but if anyone got a good reputable links let me know , thanks! Smile

I usually buy all mine from Dave and Adams. they have had a pretty good supply at one point but they are getting tougher to find. i'd like some as well but it has to wait. good luck
no org, please do not send trade requests

(08-22-2011, 10:55 PM)michaelstepper Wrote: I usually buy all mine from Dave and Adams. they have had a pretty good supply at one point but they are getting tougher to find. i'd like some as well but it has to wait. good luck
Ok, thanks will look into Dave and Adams by googling.. UD started their "sweet spot" in 2004, correct? and ends in 2010 ( very limited production in 2010 ) and can you do me a favor? look up the BV for me for this card Kevin Youkilis 2006 Upper Deck Sweet Spot Signatures Autograph card ID TAG is SS-KY Thanks.

(08-22-2011, 11:00 PM)Pedey4MVP Wrote: Ok, thanks will look into Dave and Adams by googling.. UD started their "sweet spot" in 2004, correct? and ends in 2010 ( very limited production in 2010 ) and can you do me a favor? look up the BV for me for this card Kevin Youkilis 2006 Upper Deck Sweet Spot Signatures Autograph card ID TAG is SS-KY Thanks.
Sweet Spot started in 2001