`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hologram sticker?????

hologram sticker?????
So I just got my Michael Saunders 2007 Bowman Heritage Yellow press plate. on the back it has a spot that says not valid without sticker. I noticed online there are some with stickers and some without. Do you think it makes a big difference???

here is a link to two plates one with the sticker and one without that are no longer active ebay items

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dan-Uggla-07-Bow...43a8d04b99

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dan-Uggla-07-Bow...43a8d047d0

Thanks
SUPERCOLLECTOR OF KEN GRIFFEY JR AND MICHAEL SAUNDERS

[Image: myguys.png]

RE: hologram sticker?????
I thnk holograms only go on actual cardboard cards, not the printing plates. Take a look on ebay for a Dan Uggla printing plate from the same set, it also does not have the hologram sticker.

(08-18-2011, 02:31 PM)alexs64 Wrote: I thnk holograms only go on actual cardboard cards, not the printing plates. Take a look on ebay for a Dan Uggla printing plate from the same set, it also does not have the hologram sticker.
I did and the yellow plate for uggla doesn't have a sticker but the blue one for Uggla does.

Holograms were on printing plates thru like 2007/2008. The OP had examples of the cards but I think the post was edited b/c it linked live ebay auctions.

(08-18-2011, 02:31 PM)alexs64 Wrote: I thnk holograms only go on actual cardboard cards, not the printing plates. Take a look on ebay for a Dan Uggla printing plate from the same set, it also does not have the hologram sticker.
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]

HAHA!! SO much for my ten minutes of research. Sorry bud.

(08-18-2011, 05:39 PM)alexs64 Wrote: HAHA!! SO much for my ten minutes of research. Sorry bud.
no problem thanks for trying. Do you think it makes a difference without the sticker??

HERE IS THE ACTUAL SCAN OF MY CARD

[Image: 07BOWMANHERITAGEYELLOWPRINTINGPLATE.jpg]

I have several topps auto cards, some from topps 2005 and 2003 Retired and a few from 2008 and 2009 that are also missing stickers, I dread returning them to Topps so I keep them. I hope and think they are not devalued but just an "error"-so to speak.
Will always be looking for 2012 or 2013 Panini Cooperstown Signatures for the two sets I'm building-Will trade in your favor--will ship first--Thanks