`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Finally my full list....scans coming soon

RE: Finally my full list....scans coming soon
(08-18-2011, 12:12 PM)r23b Wrote: I dont see why henne isnt on that list.....
AHHH....I forgot to add him.....lol....how could I forget Henne!!!
Speaking of Henne....look who came in the mail today.

[Image: scan0030.jpg]

(08-18-2011, 12:17 PM)Marinoisking Wrote: Im on your side!!

I know Rivers sat his first year, but still the overall stats is what I used to make the list.
however you have made your case for me to put Rivers on honorable mention.
You're not on my side until Eli is off of the list or until Rivers is ahead of him on the list. Big Grin

Clearly we will never meet eye to eye on this, and saying he has no "skill" is crazy, look at his stats last year. I'm done trying to defend him as there is no need, he will go down as one of the best QBs of all time either way.

I mean literally....overall stats based on era is the #1 thing that made my list haha.

Rivers is far more talented than Eli.
Eli has just accomplished more....
He has played several more games than Rivers but nonetheless....he has more TD's,and YDS...and he won a SuperBowl....that is what put him over the top.

I don't think Big Ben should be on the top 50 at all.
Yea he has his titles....but with that D I could have QB'd that team and won. haha
He should spend more time practicing his timing and less time in bathroom stalls Smile LOL

(08-18-2011, 12:18 PM)ejnfl24 Wrote: Also should be on there over Eli. Smile

Rivers actually sat his first two seasons. He was drafted in '04 along with Eli. Eli played half of the '04 season and the entire '05 season while Rivers sat behind Brees both years. That is literally the ONLY reason Eli has more yards and TD's. It also helps that Eli has had a lot more passing attempts, even since '06. Eli has a lot more attempts than Rivers since '06 but Rivers still has more completions. Rivers puts Eli's TD/INT ratio and Yards/Attempt to shame. Ya have to look at more than just the "overall stats" when making this argument. Tongue

Ok, so in other words, I have to hope Eli misses a year and a half for this argument to be fair? Big Grin

(08-18-2011, 12:32 PM)bostonsports1 Wrote: Clearly we will never meet eye to eye on this, and saying he has no "skill" is crazy, look at his stats last year. I'm done trying to defend him as there is no need, he will go down as one of the best QBs of all time either way.
I didn't say he has NO skill I mean I have him in the top 30 all time......he is just extremely over rated.
Honestly....name one QB skill he has that sets him apart from everyone else.
Extreme Arm Strength....no
Insane Accuracy.....no
Lighting Release......no
Toughness.....no
Athletic Ability....no
He just dosent have the same skill set as the top guys do.
He is in a system that lets him flourish and win.....
That alone does not make you a top 10 all time QB in book.
But you are correct....we will not see eye to eye on this.
You have an opinion and I have an opinion....they differ dramatically but nonetheless we are both entitled to have those opinions.

Ben Roethlisberger and Philip Rivers should definitely be on this list over Eli who is a mediocre quarterback. If his brother was Tunch Ilkin no one would have even cared about him.

I think these 2 guys by and far are better QBs than say Bernie Kosar (1 SB ring as a backup to Aikman) or Jim Everette (1 Pro-Bowl appearance)

And Brady @ 26 is laughable. I dont think you are going to find anyone EVER who will agree with you that he is that far back. I hate the guy too but he is still top 10 all time no question.

Also you rank Peyton Aaron and Phillip as your top 3 active QBs, OVER Eli, yet Aaron isn't even on your list. So by this logic Aaron Rodgers should also be on the list.
[Image: steel-1.jpg]
Collecting Greenwood, Woodley, and other Steelers. Also collecting 1993 Pacific Prisms (Check my org for set needs)

My Bucket:
http://s1083.photobucket.com/albums/j389/kennycooks/

Don't see Matt Ryan on this list

(08-18-2011, 12:34 PM)ejnfl24 Wrote: Ok, so in other words, I have to hope Eli misses a year and a half for this argument to be fair? Big Grin
If Rivers can win a Super Bowl or at least consistently make the playoffs....I will put him on the list Smile
He has an amazing team.....How you have the number one offense and number 1 defense and still not win games is beyond me.

Its just that Rivers is 94th all time in yards and tied for 82nd all time in TD's
He doesn't have anything else to go along with that.
Putting him on the list would be pure speculation and like I said earlier,I tried to stay away from all speculation.

Do you see where I am coming from?

Im certainly no Pats fan because I bleed Black and Gold but I did enjoy watching Brady play for the Wolverines in the late 90's. That being said, I found this article about Mr. Brady and really don't see why anyone couldn't have him in the top 5 of all time no matter what "system" he was in:
Brady holds numerous regular season and postseason records, including: most touchdown passes in a regular season (50); highest touchdown-to-interception ratio in a single season (9:1); highest single-game completion percentage, regular season or postseason (26/28, 92.9%); most consecutive pass attempts without an interception (339, still active); most consecutive regular-season home wins (28, still active); highest winning percentage of any quarterback ever during his first 100 starts (76 wins); most completions in one Super Bowl (32); and the longest streak of games with 3 or more touchdown passes (10 games). most career completions in Super Bowl history (100); Brady is the fourth-fastest player to reach 200 career passing touchdowns (116 games). He is the first quarterback in NFL history to have reached said mark with under 100 career interceptions (he had 88 interceptions).

And as far as Ben goes? You're gonna tell me it was the defense that threw the game winning TD pass to Santonio? Sure he may not be all about the stats and if you've ever seen an interview with him you would know stats mean nothing to him just as long as his team wins. Not to mention one of the toughest QB's in the NFL...

Good luck on your QB collection. I'm sure it will look awesome!
[Image: steelers.jpg]