`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dual Autos???

Dual Autos???
Does the value of a dual auto go down when one of the players is a low end player or even not playing anymore? Ie..... Ken Griffey Jr. and Alex Rios? Jeter and Giambi? or that Harper platinum card with that other guy? Just wondering... and Does it make you not want to buy that card?

RE: Dual Autos???
I believe Harper is with Jameson Taillon who is another big prospect...
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

(08-17-2011, 07:30 PM)yankees_pride Wrote: Does the value of a dual auto go down when one of the players is a low end player or even not playing anymore? Ie..... Ken Griffey Jr. and Alex Rios? Jeter and Giambi? or that Harper platinum card with that other guy? Just wondering... and Does it make you not want to buy that card?
Well, If Starlin Castro has a dual auto with Corey Patterson or Felix Pie, I personally would sell or trade for a single Castro auto.

In BV terms, I'm not sure....
[Image: vitterswest.jpg]

Wants: JOSH VITTERS, Matt Davidson, Peyton Manning, and Cubs.

One day, card companies will learn not to do dual autos unless two stars are on it.

Jeter/ hanley: check
Jeter/ ripken: check
Jeter/barmes: fail

I can understand prospects, rookies. But not stars.

The most famous dud dual came from 98 stadium with manning and leaf.

Yea, I pulled a Platinum auto of Castro and Marlon Byrd a couple weeks ago, nice card, but a biggeer name with Castro would of made it a great hit.

Jameson Taillon ,yes he is the other player on the Harper card.Pirates first rounder last year,picked 2nd,right after Harper.

(08-17-2011, 09:41 PM)woodrowsbat Wrote: Yea, I pulled a Platinum auto of Castro and Marlon Byrd a couple weeks ago, nice card, but a biggeer name with Castro would of made it a great hit.

Jameson Taillon ,yes he is the other player on the Harper card.Pirates first rounder last year,picked 2nd,right after Harper.
I'll take the Castro/Byrd off your hands Smile
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

I think if one player is a scrub, then it becomes less desirable to most people. If the "good" player is someone I really like, though, the scrub doesn't bother me that much.
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]

YEah those 2005 Reflections cards were good for that... a lot of dual scrubs
Finder's Fee for these cards if I obtain them(NO EBAY or COMC).

2010 Neftali Feliz Ginter Relic,

Personally, while I really want a Griffey auto, I'm willing to wait and be picky. If I'm spendning upwards of 80-90 bucks on a card, I'd prefer it be on Griffey and Griffey Sr, Pujols, McCovey, etc rather than Andrew Miller, Brandon Szymanski, or any other failed prospect.
[Image: KingsSig2.jpg]
Looking for Lincecum, Wilson, Greenberg, Donte Greene, Kings and Giants

(08-17-2011, 08:27 PM)011873 Wrote: One day, card companies will learn not to do dual autos unless two stars are on it.

Jeter/ hanley: check
Jeter/ ripken: check
Jeter/barmes: fail

I can understand prospects, rookies. But not stars.

The most famous dud dual came from 98 stadium with manning and leaf.
At the time Manning and Leaf were neck and neck as far as collectability, value, and expectations were concerned. I think the 2008/09 Topps Treasury pairings of Larry Bird with Joe Alexander and DJ Augustin are much worse.