`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fanfare

Fanfare
hey guys im real excited for the new press pass fan fare but im real worried that with a hit per pack the value of the cards might be low, tell me what u think

RE: Fanfare
I like the idea of fan fare and have a box on preorder. I think its time the collecting community gets back collecting and less on the value of the card.

No matter what press pass does it cant seem to make everyone happy. If they put one hit per box and the value of the card stays up people are not happy because they cant get one. If they put 8 hits per box well now your ruining the value.

The hobby is supposed to be about collecting, not about panning for gold.

People need to buy boxes and collect because they enjoy. if enough people do it the values will come up again but the idea of getting your money back out of a box is backwards.

I collect what I like and could care less about book value. I know it comes into play when trading etc but otherwise I just like getting something new.

The only thing I do not like about fanfare is the new autographs that were originally on the list are now down to only three.
CANCER SUCKS[Image: AVLRCRSDC.jpg]

I don't think the value will go down on this product. In fact, I think it may go up. Maybe. There will be a lot of people out there that can't buy a box or two and will be looking to buy what they can, so up goes the price of cards. I have been looking on E-Bay for a lot of the Showcase I can't find on my home site and I see the price of Showcase going up. But then it is freash out still. Give it another week and the prices will even out. With Fan Fare, the Base Set is 100 cards, people are going to be buying cards they need to complete the set, so again, up goes the price because sellers know they can get it. I may be wrong, but then, sometimes I am, more times than not...LOL
I collect J. Johnson, K. Larson, C. Elliott, E. Jones & The Cleveland Browns
Photobucket Links are Below.

http://s1250.photobucket.com/user/OurNUT...ace%20Used

http://s1379.photobucket.com/user/NASCARRay/library/?sort=3&page=1

I totally agree with Michael in the fact of buying boxes to collect and not "strike it rich". I just like the rush of ripping into packs knowing there might be a huge pull in there, if I get a crap one I still had fun busting the packs. I for one think it will be hard to tell on this release until it is actually out. I can't wait to get my 2 boxes and see what I can get. Even with the hit per pack, i think being the price of the packs should keep values up there. I just wish more of the new drivers autos/Ru would have made it into this release, would have made it a lot more interesting. There are people out there that will go nuts (not intended guys..lol) over the new drivers. Even though they are lower drivers "per say" i think those cards might be your betters pulls than some of the cup also runs. Sounds like Press Pass got back some cool inscription autos from Eric McClure with him signings only one with the inscription "hefty..hefty..hefty". Over all can't wait and only time will tell on the "values"
Collecting all Travis Pastrana. Also Bobby Labonte autos and race used

[Image: travis.jpg]

My Bucket: http://s325.photobucket.com/albums/k390/dprissel/

I am just waiting (somewhat patiently) for the release. I can't wait to see what my box holds. This is the 1st time I have ever bought something on pre-sell! I don't really care about the value of everything in the box IF I pull something for my PC or pull something I can trade for a good PC card. It is always nice to get a total BV of more than the box cost, but that is not why I buy the boxes. However, if my best card is not even worth half the cost of the box, I can't say I wouldn't be upset about it. I really like the base design of these cards and would love to do well in my pulls, but if I pull an awesome PC card (no matter the BV), I will be happy!

(08-18-2011, 11:40 PM)spazmatastic Wrote: I am just waiting (somewhat patiently) for the release. I can't wait to see what my box holds. This is the 1st time I have ever bought something on pre-sell! I don't really care about the value of everything in the box IF I pull something for my PC or pull something I can trade for a good PC card. It is always nice to get a total BV of more than the box cost, but that is not why I buy the boxes. However, if my best card is not even worth half the cost of the box, I can't say I wouldn't be upset about it. I really like the base design of these cards and would love to do well in my pulls, but if I pull an awesome PC card (no matter the BV), I will be happy!
how much is a box

we paid 118 shipped with d/c if we ordered more than one box the shipping would be adjusted. It was 108 for the box and 10 for shipping with d/c

thats not bad actully i guess im gonna have to get a box, also if anyone gets any sadler hits let me no

i thinkg the average right now is 126 shipped

Yea, the closer you get to the release date, the more a box costs. A bunch of us here snagged a pre-sell order for $118/box back in late June/early July. If you can get a box for less than $130 now, I say GO FOR IT. Otherwise, wait to see what the rest of us get and show off. Then you can see how much you will want it. I liked it when I 1st saw the base card design, so I've been anticipating the release since about April.
I will be posting a box-break thread here when I get my box. Hopefully I'll be posting it on the 4th or 5th of September. Smile