`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big NY show w/ on-site grading...

RE: Big NY show w/ on-site grading...
It's amazing just how many thousands upon thousands of cards have been graded. Even at the very lowest 15.00 level that would be insane, but considering many prefer the 1-7 day levels, MAN! Beckett must be BALLING OUT OF CONTROL!!!! With all that money they need to go back to full color magazines again Wink

(08-18-2011, 09:12 AM)ShaqEatsThat Wrote: yes, but im sure im not the only one, ill just make sure i package it really well, penny, top loader, and 5 teams sets inside of each other, then take a couple fillers i got from packs and and tape it all around so it doesnt move, then throw in in a bubble mailer, im sure it will be fine
There is a specific way you are supposed to package your cards and send them in for grading. There are packaging instructions on the grading site. No regular toploaders. Has to be like a 4x6 or 5x7 toploader. Like this.

[Image: scan0001-1.jpg]
(08-17-2011, 10:25 PM)ShaqEatsThat Wrote: so most likely im not gonna get on-site id much rather pay 14 bucks per card on a 10 day turnaround
Consider this.

I just sent in 6 cards at the 20 day rate. It cost me $66 for the grading. Like $15 for shipping with insurance from me to them and they make you pay shipping/insurance back to you which was another $20 Plus $2 for an auto grade.

So for 6 cards it cost me $103 to get graded.

The same 6 cards at $14/card would cost you about $121 or $20/card.

So it is really only about $10 more a card for the convenience of having it graded and slabbed with in a few hours.

The big savings is when you send in a lot of cards.
ebayID Brian60187 - Collecting PSA 10 RC's

http://s1238.photobucket.com/user/brianl...ll%20Trade

I'm getting some cards graded there tomorrow. Does anyone know if bgs grades the front and the back with equal weight like 50/50?
NEED: Thabeet, Pendergraph, Andersen, Flynn, Derozan Crown Royale Rookies.

(08-18-2011, 05:43 PM)briankort Wrote: There is a specific way you are supposed to package your cards and send them in for grading. There are packaging instructions on the grading site. No regular toploaders. Has to be like a 4x6 or 5x7 toploader. Like this.

[Image: scan0001-1.jpg]
There's no specific way cards have to be sent in.. You can use whatever you'd like but they do not return your supplies if you choose to send magnetic's or what not. They prefer you to use those flimsy card saver sleeves and sandwiched in cardboard.. I'm assuming because they cut them out as opposed to top loaders where they take a slight risk of dinging a corner by sliding it out.

http://www.beckett.com/grading/packing.asp