`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone plant the A&G Mini Flora of the World Cards?

Anyone plant the A&G Mini Flora of the World Cards?
Pulled a Mini Flora of the World Mexican Hat card from an A&G blaster. Didn't know what it was at first. I thought I got a banged up lumpy card til I read more. I have no interest in the card because quite honestly thought it was a terrible idea for a card and just traded it. Has anyone on here planted any of these and do they actually grow?

RE: Anyone plant the A&G Mini Flora of the World Cards?
I've thought about planting my black-eyed susan but considering it's pretty much a weed anyway I haven't yet. I pulled mine from a pack on the first day they were out and at that time people were seriously paying like $30 per card on eBay. I delayed listing it because I thought it was so unique and then when I finally decided to list it people had figured out they weren't SP and the cost was down to like $1 so I kept it, definitely regret that delay. I'm going to check if now is a good time to plant black-eyed susans and if so I'll plant it. Maybe I'll start a growth update thread ha.

I remember someone on the boards saying some of those plants are illegal in the US...don't remember which ones
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

(08-17-2011, 06:42 PM)bustin 5 knots Wrote: I remember someone on the boards saying some of those plants are illegal in the US...don't remember which ones
Then having the seeds would also be illegal?
[Image: Pinstripe2.jpg]
I need 2007 & 2008 Topps Sterling Base Cards #/250
My Bucket

I think I saw the thread you are talking about. It was written right when the cards first came out so the person didn't know which species were included in the set and he only said there are certain species of plants that are illegal in some places because they can overgrow an area. I assume A&G would check this type of thing so they should be legal but who knows. However, I know I was told that the species I have, Black-Eyed Susan, are wild flowers that grow like weeds meaning they spread easily, grow in big bunches, and are threats to overgrow an area. That's why I'm hesitant to plant mine even though I live in the city and the only plants around my apartment are ugly, non-flowering weeds.

They are fairly rare cards and will hold at value listed in Beckett.
I have 2, neither sold on eBay at the LO book..
Not considered planting them...have too many flowers as it is now!!

Weird idea for a card anyway..but that is Allen and Ginter for ya...

MY card came with a slight peel on the front so I'll go for it and plant the flower, but summer is acoming to a close.. I might have to wait to sping
Finder's Fee for these cards if I obtain them(NO EBAY or COMC).

2010 Neftali Feliz Ginter Relic,

my snap dragon has the same problem on the front it a small peel but dont think it will hurt the vaule at all.
[Image: griffeyjr.jpg]

I've always had the Black-Eyed Susan card like I mentioned before but I just acquired the Mexican Hat card so now that I have 2 I'm going to try to plant one. Not sure which one though, any suggestions? Crazy, never thought I would bury a card with a $15 BV.

Im really curious and want to plant the my SWEET ALYSSUM. Honestly i think this is a great idea for a card. My gf wasn't that interested in my baseball card addiction until i showed here this card. Now she wants to plant it in the garden in the spring. Anything to bring me and the woman closer on the baseball or flower card issue lol
Looking for Highend Pujols/Chipper/Longo

Also looking for a new sweet banner, i will provide all the pictures just need someone to put together a sweet one !