`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
a couple of ebay questions

a couple of ebay questions
1. so i had a package shipped to me with delivery confirmation to my office like i have all my cards. the delivery confirmation says it arrived here last saturday but i haven't gotten it. the seller says to be patient, but it wasnt a cheap lot and id like to have it.
2. i purchased a blaster on ebay and it was damaged when i received it. i opened and won as case with ebay and got my money back. i now want to leave negative feedback for the seller but i am afraid he'll do it right back even though i did nothing wrong.

any ideas on what to do in eithert situation? thanks!

RE: a couple of ebay questions
1. There's a report (loss/rifling - I think it's called) that you can file with the post office...sometimes that will help turn up missing packages.

2. Sellers haven't been able to leave negs for buyers on ebay for over 3 years now.

[Image: ceocards6copy.png]

Click on banner for photobucket link.

(08-17-2011, 10:13 AM)ceocards Wrote: 1. There's a report (loss/rifling - I think it's called) that you can file with the post office...sometimes that will help turn up missing packages.

2. Sellers haven't been able to leave negs for buyers on ebay for over 3 years now.
thanks and thanks- i didnt know that for the second part

(08-17-2011, 10:15 AM)sportznuht Wrote: thanks and thanks- i didnt know that for the second part
just my opinion: you got your money back, there's no reason for the negative. neutral at worst, or a positive with a factual statement on the damage...that's fair

Agree with CEO. You can't file a claim for idemnity...only an inquiry. Delivery confirmation only guarantees receipt to the delivery post office. The mail/loss rifling report is PS form 1510, but in my experience you would have better luck (and save time) filing at www.usps.com or calling the USPS complaint line at 1-800-ASK-USPS (provided you have the DC#). The first step should be to contact your local post office to see if they have it slated for redelivery. Good luck locating your package!
[Image: chipper.jpg]

Collect Atlanta Braves cards/memorabilia. Chipper Jones and ROY autographs (107/130). Currently looking for 2004 Donruss Elite Passing the Torch cards of Chipper Jones, Dale Murphy, or both that I need.

jacoby- i am leaving negative b/c the seller had no attempt at communication, and then lied to me about refunding my money
CEO and chipper- thanks, ill try that!

(08-17-2011, 10:07 AM)sportznuht Wrote: 2. i purchased a blaster on ebay and it was damaged when i received it. i opened and won as case with ebay and got my money back. i now want to leave negative feedback for the seller but i am afraid he'll do it right back even though i did nothing wrong.
any ideas on what to do in eithert situation? thanks!
As a seller this would piss me off. Sure, the package was damaged, but you got your money back. In my opinion the seller didn't do anything wrong. As a seller you have to make sure the customer is happy. You got the item, it was damaged, so you weren't happy. But he did refund the money, which settles the claim.

It's wrong in my opinion if you leave negative because the seller did his part in refunding your money.

(08-17-2011, 10:50 AM)sportznuht Wrote: jacoby- i am leaving negative b/c the seller had no attempt at communication, and then lied to me about refunding my money
CEO and chipper- thanks, ill try that!
I didn't see this comment before posting my reply. If it's as bad as you say it is, then it's up to you. However, in the end he did refund the money.

(08-17-2011, 10:53 AM)crazyforkinsler5 Wrote: As a seller this would piss me off. Sure, the package was damaged, but you got your money back. In my opinion the seller didn't do anything wrong. As a seller you have to make sure the customer is happy. You got the item, it was damaged, so you weren't happy. But he did refund the money, which settles the claim.

It's wrong in my opinion if you leave negative because the seller did his part in refunding your money.

I didn't see this comment before posting my reply. If it's as bad as you say it is, then it's up to you. However, in the end he did refund the money.
he never refunded, ebay took money from him and refunded me themselves. i am a seller too, so i know its hard, but this guy was no good and i just want to warn potential buyers, you know

(08-17-2011, 10:39 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: just my opinion: you got your money back, there's no reason for the negative. neutral at worst, or a positive with a factual statement on the damage...that's fair
If the seller voluntarily refunded, I'd agree.

If you had to file through Paypal/Ebay to force a refund, I'd leave no better than a neutral, depending on how cooperative the seller was.

Based on the follow up posts, it sounds like the neg was justified IMHO.

[Image: ceocards6copy.png]

Click on banner for photobucket link.

(08-17-2011, 10:58 AM)sportznuht Wrote: but this guy was no good and i just want to warn potential buyers, you know
you can do that just as well with a neutral as you can a negative

i have no issue dropping negative on sellers - most folks find that im a little sledgehammer-y (for me, it's bv issues that get sellers in trouble, and how they handle it). i am a believer in the disproportionate response - if i have a seller that have made an attempt to rip me off, i dont even worry about feedback and go straight to other measures

but im just not seeing it for this transaction. unless he purposely sent you a damaged pack in order to defraud you...then maybe the negative would be fair. otherwise, the non-response could be for any number of reasons, and you can only speculate to them.