`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's your take on this (ebay)

What's your take on this (ebay)
So I have several cards listed now, most with a few days left.

The cards listed are ones you never see (odd balls, test runs, just scarce stuff) featuring super stars (griffey, puckett) and players w hard core collectors (clark, gonzalez).

So here's the thing, they don't have a starting bid BUT half the views are watching it. So one of the auctions has 9 views/ 5 watch, the other 10/5, another 6/4, etc.

is it odd to have so many watchers yet so few views?

RE: What's your take on this (ebay)
No, some people search specifically for those "odd" items and watch them right away. Also because your cards are so rare (sounds like it), they will probably get less views. Good luck on the bay!

You know I have had two watchers with no views before and as long as they dont open the description they can watch it without actually viewing all the information..Sounds like a bunch of guys want to wait before hiking up the price too much
[Image: jonathancard.png]

Don't get too wrapped up in the number of 'watchers'. A lot of sellers will 'watch' items similar or identical to items that they intend to put up for sale soon to see what they go for.

As far as views - I wouldn't worry until you're in the last 24 hours or so. With Ebay's screwed up search engine, a lot buyers end up sorting searches by 'ending soonest', so yours will be buried until the final few hours

[Image: ceocards6copy.png]

Click on banner for photobucket link.

The item watch feature is good and bad. I like to use it to watch items I have that are similar and I might want to sell later to see what they go for as mentioned by Ceocards. What is unfortunate about it, is that it deters people from bidding on an item because they will just watch it and wait until the last second to try and get it cheap. If you get five or six people who watch instead of bid, the value stays low and by the end, maybe only one or two remember to bid and then the item goes cheap(which is good for buyers, but bad for sellers). If there was no watch feature, I think more people would bid on items, so they could keep track of them easier. Just my 2 cents.

(08-16-2011, 01:17 PM)jonathancard Wrote: You know I have had two watchers with no views before and as long as they dont open the description they can watch it without actually viewing all the information..Sounds like a bunch of guys want to wait before hiking up the price too much
How can you watch without viewing? I thought that you had to click on the "watch this item" link to watch the item. And in order to click the link, you have to view the item.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

(08-16-2011, 03:01 PM)nolan5000 Wrote: How can you watch without viewing? I thought that you had to click on the "watch this item" link to watch the item. And in order to click the link, you have to view the item.
All the items the OP mentioned have more views than watches - he was just surprised at the high percentage of views that were watching it.

[Image: ceocards6copy.png]

Click on banner for photobucket link.

Speaking of views/watchers, I can't believe my auction that I have up right now is at 1500 views and 128 watchers. I'm usually around the 200/15 mark on my "big" cards.

(08-16-2011, 04:44 PM)cjm8 Wrote: Speaking of views/watchers, I can't believe my auction that I have up right now is at 1500 views and 128 watchers. I'm usually around the 200/15 mark on my "big" cards.
Braun diamond embedded?
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

(08-16-2011, 05:11 PM)bustin 5 knots Wrote: Braun diamond embedded?
yep