`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Going out with a bang (latest pickups)

Going out with a bang (latest pickups)
I need to stop spending money on cards so I figured what better way to stop than by going out with a bang?! I won't be buying any more cards for a while while my bank account recovers.

[Image: %24(KGrHqN,!ksE3OJ,vHQpBORb0NqrD!~~0_3.JPG]

[Image: KobeBryant2-1.jpg]

[Image: Howard.jpg]

[Image: IMG_6233.jpg]

[Image: IMG_6237.jpg]

[Image: IMG_6277.jpg]

[Image: IMG_6272-1.jpg]

[Image: TimDuncan2.jpg]

[Image: DirkNowitzki.jpg]

[Image: IMG_6228.jpg]

RE: Going out with a bang (latest pickups)
yike. that's a bang indeed. nice pick ups, wow

can i ask how much that set you back?

(08-13-2011, 05:24 AM)folkertino Wrote: yike. that's a bang indeed. nice pick ups, wow

can i ask how much that set you back?
I just calculated that the 10 cards cost me a total of exactly $800 including postage.

My entire collection (http://s1132.photobucket.com/albums/m561...?start=all including sub-albums) has cost me a net amount of $2,300, which I think is phenomenal value-for-money (I'd far rather have my PC than a case of National Treasures!).

As you can probably imagine, I do a lot of wheeling-and-dealing (as we say in the UK!) to make a profit on non-PC cards, so that I can spend the money on cards for my collection.

It has taken me about 18 months to build my collection.

Wow, some sweet cards. Im a bit jealous.. man I need a second job Smile
Personal Collections are as follows :
1) Knicks (anyone who has worn the jersey at one time or another and made a significant impact on the team.)
2) Latrell sprewell
3) Amare Stoudemire
4) Carmelo Anthony
5) Steve Nash
6) Chauncey Billups

(08-13-2011, 05:38 AM)will23c1982 Wrote: I just calculated that the 10 cards cost me a total of exactly $800 including postage.
that is an unbelievably good deal. i'll try and have a look at your pc later on. and probably cry a little afterwards

im not even going to have to look.. the ones he just posted are making me cry enough!
Personal Collections are as follows :
1) Knicks (anyone who has worn the jersey at one time or another and made a significant impact on the team.)
2) Latrell sprewell
3) Amare Stoudemire
4) Carmelo Anthony
5) Steve Nash
6) Chauncey Billups

Haha, all this talk of crying is making me feel emotional (made worse by the fact I just finished watching Rodman's Hall of Fame speech... very moving indeed)!

Before anyone starts accusing me of being rich, I am a school teacher on a very modest salary. I earn less than $30,000 per year and have no savings. I have a house to pay for. I like to spend money on meals at restaurants, nights out with friends, holidays to the USA and Portugal, etc.

So I think it proves that you can buy nice (i.e. expensive) cards, as long as you don't get too carried away. You have to shop around and bide your time. You also have to sell to buy. For example, sure, I bought those ten nice cards recently... but I had to sell my autos of Steve Nash, Gary Payton, DeMarcus Cousins, Ricky Rubio and other non-PC players to help finance the purchases. But it's worth it, because they are upgrades for my collection.

(08-13-2011, 06:21 AM)will23c1982 Wrote: Haha, all this talk of crying is making me feel emotional (made worse by the fact I just finished watching Rodman's Hall of Fame speech... very moving indeed)!
yeah that was a tough watch. glad he made it to the Hall and good to see Phil and Scottie there

(08-13-2011, 06:21 AM)will23c1982 Wrote: I had to sell my autos of Steve Nash, Gary Payton, DeMarcus Cousins, Ricky Rubio and other non-PC players to help finance the purchases. But it's worth it, because they are upgrades for my collection.
I would have been interested in that Rubio, which one was it? I'm liking the Exquisites but their ridiculously expensive compared to the numbering..

It was a Timeless Treasures RC auto. I bought it for $35 and flipped it for like $55. I probably could have got more if I'd waited until Rubio started playing in the NBA (I have a feeling that his highlights will trigger an increase in his card prices), but I needed the money now.

I love the 2009-10 Exquisite autos. Really beautiful cards. I find myself considering buying them... but then I remind myself I can't have everything and I am concentrating solely on legendary players, so I tend not to buy rookie cards. Talking of which, I have a Blake Griffin auto RC in my PC which looks very out of place.

(08-13-2011, 07:47 AM)will23c1982 Wrote: I have a Blake Griffin auto RC in my PC which looks very out of place.
never heard of him