`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Was on my way to the post office when...

RE: Was on my way to the post office when...
(08-12-2011, 01:42 PM)iujapander Wrote: Someone decided to get in my lane without looking. I'm ok, car should be ok, but it still sucks that my GEM Mint 9.5 (surface was a 9 due to rock chips) car is now a 3 POOR, with creases.

So NE12BC12 my end did not go out yesterday, and today I've been dealing with insurance and repair shops. I will mail out tomorrow barring anyone else hitting me.

Luckily this wasn't my fault, the guy who hit my car works for an insurance company, he admited fault, and I have a witness who verified guy just ramed his car into mine.

This picutre doesn't show the damage to the passanger side wheel, which will also need to be replaced as he drove me into the curb.

So to make a bad situation fun for someone, the person who guesses the closest to the repair estimate without going over will get a prize (nothing major but I'll try and pull something of your favorite player/team). Contest runs until Friday 8/19, and I'll bump once a day.

To be fair this is what is being replaced. Two wheels, front bumper, driver front quarter panel, driver side door. 2008 VW GTI

[Image: Picture002.jpg]
That suc*s man, not sustaining injuries is the most important thing. My estimate is $4249.00 + tax with after market & 5500.00 using OEM parts.
Years ago my 66 TBird (parked) got t boned by a 65 Cadillac drunken driver, the driver tried to have his female passenger switch seats but she was too pre occupied looking for her wig that came off on impact, neither car was salvagable, i'm suprised there were no injuries, i'll look for the pics.
Collecting: Auto's, G/U Jsy/Bat, Refractors, etc.., Harper, Trout, Jeter, Mantle, Rivera, Pujols,Ripken, Griffey Jr, Heyward, Cal Ripken Jr., Posey,
Other Auto's, GU cards will be considered

I collect all baseball

I'm going to have to guess $6,496. I hate dealing with insurance companies... I wish you luck. -James ( bojacksonfan )

5,400 is my guess. sorry about the car man
I collect any current braves and former Mississippi State players.
[Image: HgPWE.gif]
DO NOT TRADE WITH: dorkypunkrockerguy

Um, $5,628.00
[Image: vitterswest.jpg]

Wants: JOSH VITTERS, Matt Davidson, Peyton Manning, and Cubs.

whatever it is, keep the money if you don't mind it looking like that, and plan on keeping it for it's life. I had a 03 Lancer OZ that was hit 5 different times in its first 3 years. After the 2nd time, I started keeping the money. Yeah it looked like crap, but it still ran like new. Glad to hear everyone walked away.

I would guess about $4600. Hopefully whoever hit you had insurance....be sure to make their insurance pay for you to have a rental car while your card is getting fixed.

An elderly man in a larger truck backed into my Mustang about a year ago and I had to get the bumper, grill, and headlight housing all replaced...not to mention the hood was bent and the hood latch was messed up. I eneded up getting a new Dodge Charger as a rental :-)

Sorry to hear about your accident, Glad you came out ok... My guess, $4,975. Thanks for the contest
Looking for 2011 Topps Chrome Eric Hosmer Base Auto...To complete my set!

Bucket (For Trade)
- http://s1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh48...lxxCardsX/

Looking for Legend Autos, Triple Threads Relic/Autos, & Vet. Prospect Refractors!

Glad to hear you were alright.My guess:$5,300

Don't trade with list:dorkypunkrockerguy,newbieredsfan

Thanks for all of the responses guys, and yes it is good that no one was hurt. Today is the last day, will post results at 10-11 tonight.

If anyone still wants to guess go for it. If you answer with something that has already been mentioned, then I'm taking the person who answered first. Bustin5knots guess again if you would like.

bman12=3800
johnxgodfree=4700
petesahutt=totaled (lol) Kelly BB=16000
jcooley1=12000
jnbaseballcards=2300
sportsnuht=2500
ricelynnevans75=8500
astroburn=5200
bigt314=6419
spazmastic=3500
cspen=3900
dwegner=1