`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
My Dilema with my daughter not liking my team

RE: My Dilema with my daughter not liking my team
(08-12-2011, 04:30 PM)astroburn Wrote: Could be worse, she could root for the Yankees Wink
Now then. Ain't nothin worse than cheering for the yankees!! They're the team (in baseball) that I HATE the MOST!!
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

(08-12-2011, 08:51 AM)benner73 Wrote: So I take my 7 year old daughter to a lot of Astros games and since we always lose she has decided she want to collect and always wants to root for the Red Sox. Do I let her or should I really try to sway her more to my team? She see's me on ebay buying a few cards and she asks me to buy her a nice Red Sox card. I'm excited that she's kinda into it but disturbed that she doesn't want to collect Astros cards. I'm sure there are others with my same situation. Are you ok with it?
She gets to cheer for a Major League team and you get to cheer for a minor league team. That should be fun in and of itself.

(08-13-2011, 02:07 PM)bosoxfan1971 Wrote: She gets to cheer for a Major League team and you get to cheer for a minor league team. That should be fun in and of itself.
How can one argue with that? Even I like this answer...
[Image: BeckettSig.jpg]
I collect: Jeff Bagwell, and have Biggio, Berkman, Oswalt, Billy Wagner, some Pence and Clemens to trade for his cards

I say let her love the team, foster the fact that she actually loves the sport. Try influencing her choice to much and she may rebel and not like sports at all. Just be thankful that she at least is loving something her father does.
Personal Collections are as follows :
1) Knicks (anyone who has worn the jersey at one time or another and made a significant impact on the team.)
2) Latrell sprewell
3) Amare Stoudemire
4) Carmelo Anthony
5) Steve Nash
6) Chauncey Billups

let her like who she likes. while my daughter is a brewer fan like daddy, daddy is also a big manchester united fan and kelby cheers for arsenal. i've bought her an arsenal jersey and we watch more arsenal games then united. just be glad you guys have the common interest of baseball.
[Image: w6CF1RN.png]
Another great banner by jbel4331!

Also collecting Brewers prospects and Hall of Fame autos

(08-15-2011, 02:13 AM)astroburn Wrote: How can one argue with that? Even I like this answer...
I do to. That's some funny stuff.
Wow, I didn't think this many people would comment on this subject. A lot of good points here. At least I can get my 4 year old son to root for the Braves (or the Hammers as he calls them).
LF:  Kyle Tucker, Ryan Mountcastle, Shane Bieber, Alex Bohm, Joe Ryan, & Dale Murphy

Bad traders: almostbaker, beantownsfinest, thespirit33, GRIFFEY MAN 1

My dad is a Yankees fan but I grew up in the 80's and watched the Mets win in 86'. I have been a huge fan ever since. My dad went from going to Yankees games to Mets games just for me. Now I feel like I have to make it up to him big time.....lol. Kids will be kids.

My wife on the other hand is a New York Giants fan big time. I don't know how she would deal with her son growing up being a Steelers or Patriots fan since she despises those teams. I think it would break her heart....lol.
[Image: Untitled_zpsec8eef53.jpg]

I be collecting BGS Jeter RC's & Tom Seaver (Mets Uniform) Autos/Patches

My PC Bucket.

http://s944.photobucket.com/albums/ad281/mjkata78/