`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
My Dilema with my daughter not liking my team

RE: My Dilema with my daughter not liking my team
(08-12-2011, 10:32 AM)rondo4president Wrote: First off please explain to her that the DH is stupid and has no place in baseball. Then, let her pick a NL team.
I like that.
LF:  Kyle Tucker, Ryan Mountcastle, Shane Bieber, Alex Bohm, Joe Ryan, & Dale Murphy

Bad traders: almostbaker, beantownsfinest, thespirit33, GRIFFEY MAN 1

(08-12-2011, 10:38 AM)benner73 Wrote: I like that.
hahaha, +1
[Image: 3XHoG.png][Image: untitled.png]
Collecting:Andrew McCutchen, Duke Snider & Brooklyn Dodgers
I ship on weekends

(08-12-2011, 10:41 AM)rpspenner Wrote: hahaha, +1
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

Just be sure to let her know the AL was simply adopting an idea (DH) originally proposed by the National League.

At least she will be rooting for a team in a different league, so the rivalry wont come into play unless both teams make it to the world series at the same time. Which, at this rate, will never happen Tongue
[Image: BeckettSig.jpg]
I collect: Jeff Bagwell, and have Biggio, Berkman, Oswalt, Billy Wagner, some Pence and Clemens to trade for his cards

I am Rangers fan and my 7 year old step daughter roots for Seattle because she was born in Washington. I am just happy she has any interest at all. We had a blast at Rangers picture day and she still enjoyed getting pictures with all the players even though they were not Mariners. Just enjoy the great game with her no matter which team she likes.

(08-12-2011, 10:32 AM)rondo4president Wrote: First off please explain to her that the DH is stupid and has no place in baseball. Then, let her pick a NL team.
You do realize that the only level of baseball that doesn't have a DH is National League baseball. Little League, High School, College, all can use DH's. Never understood why you would have your pitcher hit at the highest level of their sport.

(08-12-2011, 12:39 PM)motu79 Wrote: You do realize that the only level of baseball that doesn't have a DH is National League baseball. Little League, High School, College, all can use DH's. Never understood why you would have your pitcher hit at the highest level of their sport.

Simple, the highest level should be the hardest. The pitcher is not just a pitcher, he is a baseball player like everyone else. A baseball player plays in the field and hits.

[Image: Heyward.jpg]

Definitely let her do it, my old man and his dad grew up the same way, grandpa was a Yankee and my dad a Red. They would cheer against each other all the time, but it made for some real bonding for them and passed it down to me. One nice thing though, we all love Seattle, but I am a huge 49er fan and they are both huge Seahawk fans. Good luck and have fun with it!
[Image: Sports_guy21_Beckett-Banner.png]

(08-12-2011, 12:50 PM)rondo4president Wrote: Simple, the highest level should be the hardest. The pitcher is not just a pitcher, he is a baseball player like everyone else. A baseball player plays in the field and hits.
It's hard enough being a major league pitcher. He hasn't hit since High School, and now he has to hit against the best. Still doesn't make sense.

As for the original poster, be happy she is a fan of the sport at all. I've got a little girl I'm hoping is a sports fan like me, but is really in to shoes at the moment. Smile