`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
who is ready for the upcoming season

who is ready for the upcoming season
After this past off season, I am seeing who is ready for this years season. How you think your fav player(s)/team(s) will fair.

I know my fav team will have another Whale of a season

j.j.
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

RE: who is ready for the upcoming season
I can still do without it for a little bit, but it's starting to creep in.
I hope my Canucks will have another season like last, except with a different ending, of course.
Latest Entry: The Hockey Dad Survival Guide
[Image: mainbanner100x500_zpse4955997.png]
http://blacknblueline.com

(08-11-2011, 02:13 PM)wickabee Wrote: I can still do without it for a little bit, but it's starting to creep in.
I hope my Canucks will have another season like last, except with a different ending, of course.
do you think Cory will be traded?

Gillis will hold onto him until June, then trade his rights for draft picks or something. The Canucks are very close to the cap and Schneider is still cheap ($900,000) for 1 more year. I think if things aren't looking fantastic around New Year's, don't be surprised if Gillis makes a big trade that maybe involves Schneider, but otherwise it's 1 more year of having a backup you can put in at any time and 1 more year of less work for Luongo.
2012-13 will see Eddie Lack playing backup.

I'm ready for the season, but I won't be too excited until my tickets come in the mail. They always come late enough that I start to worry there's a mix up or something.

I'm looking forward to training camp to hopefully see Bishop win the backup spot over Elliot.
[Image: Blues%20Banner%202015_zpso4q52tdf.png]
Blues PC: 5600+ cards - Blues RCs: 781/933 - 83.7%

(08-12-2011, 10:39 AM)pretzel mask Wrote: I'm ready for the season, but I won't be too excited until my tickets come in the mail. They always come late enough that I start to worry there's a mix up or something.

I'm looking forward to training camp to hopefully see Bishop win the backup spot over Elliot.
you are so lucky you can have season tickets!!! enjoy training camp

I'm interested to see how my flyers fare without richards.

that being said - LA should now win the west.

As time is getting closer, I am just wanting to see who will be this years surprises!!

Yeah, it's crept in now.
It seems to be NFL pre-season that makes me want hockey again. I love NFL (I like CFL a lot, but let's face it the NFL is the best football around) but I don't follow it the way I do hockey. With hockey I watch as many Canucks games as I can and end up catching a decent number of Toronto and Montreal games on CBC and sprinkle in a little of whatever NBC might decide to put on. Once the playoffs start, I'll watch every game I can. I know most of the players in the league and definitely on my favourite teams. With the NFL, I follow the teams and have little knowledge of players. Sure I know Brady and Rodgers and Rothlesburgerfriesandacoke, but I don't know the players, even on my favourite teams, the way I know NHL players, especially Canucks. I make a point to watch my teams but I'll watch any game I come across unless it's two teams I don't like or don't care about. Same goes for the playoffs. there are some games I won't watch since I don't care who wins I just hope both teams lose next week.
Part of why I enjoy the NHL is that I know the players, their tendencies, who I like and who I don't. I don't get that with NFL. So watching the football games makes me wish hockey was back.

i.am.so.ready. drove past the Preds arena today and got butterflies in my stomach. i'm also a season ticket holder and i am ready for that non-chalanat vibe of the preseason, the enthusiasm and optimism of the beginning of the season, the character my team develops by mid-season and that grind down the stretch when every point matters and a single loss could spell the end. i'm ready to sit on the very edge of my seat with knots in my stomach in the spring and dare to dream of that freaking parade in my city in June. yes, i am ready.