`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TTM autos

TTM autos
This may be a dumb question, but I am going to assumed TTM stands for "Through The Mail". My question is, how do you go about doing this? Just send a player one of your cards and address it to the stadium? And can you do this with retired players? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
[Image: GoBills.jpg]

Thanks KKG for the sweet banner!

Collecting all Bills. Also trying to complete rookie sets from Topps Mayo 08 and 09 and 1999 SP Authentic Player's Ink Green Signatures. And any and all Scott Chandler's.

RE: TTM autos
Yes TTM is Through the mail.

OK so here is what i know. I have been doing this for well over a year now and thier are a few rules you MUST stick to. (well at least i do)

1st. Research your player if you don't know them already. Its good to have some kind of connection to the player.

2nd.ASK for the autograph. Never assume you will get an auto ask politly in your well written letter only about a paragraph or 2 and tell them why you are writing to them and at the end ask for a signature.

3rd. Provide a SASE. if you don't know its a self addressed stamped envelope. Most cards can make it 1 or 2 in a envelope for a regular stamp. I never send more than 3 and ALWAYS offer them a card.

4th Be patient. It can be as quick as a few days and as long as a few years. They are busy people and lost do love hearing from thier fans but don't have the time to reply but will at some point.

5th don't send something you can't live w/o. THier will be many that you will never see again. So if you don't want to lose it DON'T send it.

I send to some of the stadiums player name then c/o team
if you send to a players home you just write to them no c/o obviously

Just have fun. I have a success rate of 71 % right now at 99/139 go figure stuck at 99. Been almost 2 weeks since a return from me.
I get most of my addys from here.
Sportscollectors.net great site to get stared and you can either get the last 2 weeks worth of addys for free or pay 14.99 a year for unlimited access.

Good luck and lmk if you have any other questions.
Collecting Dolphins, PSU Alumni(in college uni)
[Image: catch.gif]

Like my Facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/PHsportscards?ref=tn_tnmn

(08-10-2011, 08:29 PM)gadsden86 Wrote: Yes TTM is Through the mail.

OK so here is what i know. I have been doing this for well over a year now and thier are a few rules you MUST stick to. (well at least i do)

1st. Research your player if you don't know them already. Its good to have some kind of connection to the player.

2nd.ASK for the autograph. Never assume you will get an auto ask politly in your well written letter only about a paragraph or 2 and tell them why you are writing to them and at the end ask for a signature.

3rd. Provide a SASE. if you don't know its a self addressed stamped envelope. Most cards can make it 1 or 2 in a envelope for a regular stamp. I never send more than 3 and ALWAYS offer them a card.

4th Be patient. It can be as quick as a few days and as long as a few years. They are busy people and lost do love hearing from thier fans but don't have the time to reply but will at some point.

5th don't send something you can't live w/o. THier will be many that you will never see again. So if you don't want to lose it DON'T send it.

I send to some of the stadiums player name then c/o team
if you send to a players home you just write to them no c/o obviously

Just have fun. I have a success rate of 71 % right now at 99/139 go figure stuck at 99. Been almost 2 weeks since a return from me.
I get most of my addys from here.
Sportscollectors.net great site to get stared and you can either get the last 2 weeks worth of addys for free or pay 14.99 a year for unlimited access.

Good luck and lmk if you have any other questions.
Thanks bro! I am going to send some out in the next few weeks.
[Image: GoBills.jpg]

Thanks KKG for the sweet banner!

Collecting all Bills. Also trying to complete rookie sets from Topps Mayo 08 and 09 and 1999 SP Authentic Player's Ink Green Signatures. And any and all Scott Chandler's.

No prob good luck. Try to use cards w/o a gloss front. If you do either rub it down w/ an pencil eraser or use some baby powder on it to take away from some of the glossiness.
Collecting Dolphins, PSU Alumni(in college uni)
[Image: catch.gif]

Like my Facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/PHsportscards?ref=tn_tnmn

I did this for about a year with some amazing results. It amazes me that some of these legends go the extra mile for their fans.
If you google star or celbrity addresses you will get some clubs that cost a few bucks a month to join. I also know my LCS carries a book of star athletes their contact address and what it takes to sign.

Some athletes require a small donation made out to a charity they support or a university they work with.

Other just want a small amount of cash for their signature. Usually well worth it and means they will come back quicker.

Also, I always hand write my letters keep them short and give a reason why I am asking for their autograph. I actually got a few short notes back this way and even a few extra signed cards.

Right off the bat I can say Bob Griese, Billy Sims, Herschel Walker, Early Campbell are all incredibly gracious and great about signing things.

Again though Self Addressed and stamped is a must.
Good Luck