`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it just me OR...

Is it just me OR...
Am I the ONLY one who doesn't like Gold Standard?

Many of the cards look similar and the autos are often cut off.

The thing that bothers me the most about the product is the price.

You don't get many cards and they don't look that premium to me except for the case hit 14k gold card.

Is it just me or I am I the only one that would prefer 2 boxes of ultimate or limited to 1 box of gold standard?
 photo 7dbbff6f-c806-4600-9a7a-188e4785bb3a.jpg

RE: Is it just me OR...
You actually get a lot cards if your comparing it to products like National Treasures...and at half the price point. I only broke two and I pulled a Kareem auto patch /5 and a John Wall rc auto...not much to complain about there...If I had a true complaint it is that they overdid all the "gold" insert sets...They go a little overboard with everything being /299 in higher end Panini products.
Player collecting Dominic Smith
[Image: a2b9799d-d00b-4864-9937-c5ed26367c17.jpg]

I have seen so many good cards pulled from Gold Standard that it is the one product that I am considering get more of. Actually, to be honest, Totally Certified has grown on me and I would be tempted to get some of that as well.

(08-10-2011, 06:57 PM)dodgytrousers Wrote: I have seen so many good cards pulled from Gold Standard that it is the one product that I am considering get more of. Actually, to be honest, Totally Certified has grown on me and I would be tempted to get some of that as well.
I just got my amare patch Big Grin im happy with it!
Personal Collections are as follows :
1) Knicks (anyone who has worn the jersey at one time or another and made a significant impact on the team.)
2) Latrell sprewell
3) Amare Stoudemire
4) Carmelo Anthony
5) Steve Nash
6) Chauncey Billups

I have gotten patches from rookies & stars, elite, donruss, and UD black.

All of those products seem better value for the money.

i like the Gold but I have to agree on the poorness of the auto placements. Also, I did get a Lebron 14k card and Im not sure selling now is a good idea. Ive seen many of other players go pretty cheap and the more expensive ones just sit there. Doesnt seem like thre is too much of a demand just yet.
[Image: f0oyns.jpg]

I think Gold Standard is one of the ugliest products of the year. Some of the cards are awfully designed. Check out this Drexler/Olajuwon auto - completely ruined!

[Image: %24(KGrHqQOKjQE4ngyZefsBOQso)z9yQ~~0_3.JPG]

ouch.. that drexler one is bad.. what makes them think that this is what the public is demanding.. poor quality.
Personal Collections are as follows :
1) Knicks (anyone who has worn the jersey at one time or another and made a significant impact on the team.)
2) Latrell sprewell
3) Amare Stoudemire
4) Carmelo Anthony
5) Steve Nash
6) Chauncey Billups

(08-11-2011, 05:30 AM)antriarc Wrote: ouch.. that drexler one is bad.. what makes them think that this is what the public is demanding.. poor quality.

yet the public is still willing to pay a high price for it.

i love gold standard