`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saints Holding Training Camp in Oxnard, CA Aug 22-27

Saints Holding Training Camp in Oxnard, CA Aug 22-27
Just read on NFL.com that the Saints will be holding training camp in Oxnard, CA Aug 22-27 prior to their preseason game with the Raiders. Not sure if any of the Saints collectors on here live in CA, but thought I'd mention it just in case.

The Saints' practices will be held at the Residence Inn By Marriott at River Ridge. All practices will start at 4 p.m. and will be open to the public.
[Image: alanch-1.png]
-Banner Courtesy of rogue655-

Jim Leonhard Needs:
2005 Longevity Holofoil /25
2009 SPx Super Scripts Autographs Eight /8

Joel Effertz Needs:
2013 Bowman Draft Black Paper /1, Black Plate /1, Cyan Plate /1

RE: Saints Holding Training Camp in Oxnard, CA Aug 22-27
Who Dat!

It should be great for anyone that lives in the area.They are doing it the same way they are doing it here in New Orleans at Saints Camp.After every practice,Saints players will be signing autographs for all the fans that show up.Worth the time if you live close.WHO DAT!
[Image: LSU-Saintsbanner.jpg]

Went to Saints training camp yesterday. Aside from the torrential down pour, it was a great afternoon.

I am VERY pleased with our running back corps. I watched Sproles during a contact drill run into a line of defenders, disappear, then reappear running down the middle of the field for the "end zone."

Ingram is a beast. Thomas looked good as well. Chris Ivory is probably going on the PUP list b/c he was in shorts.

on the WR portion, Henderson and Moore were BEASTS. Colston was hurt. The ONLY pass I saw go towards Meachem was a drop. (There was a lot going on at once all over the field so he MAY have caught ***** when I wasn't looking).

I saw some random sprint races between some CBs and some Practice Squad WRs that Tracey Porter totally SMOKED them on. He was a good 5 or 6 strides ahead of them on a shuttle run.

Hell we even watched a ripping battle between 2 long snappers. The guy from New Mexico looked sharp.

I saw nothing really notable on the O-Line/D-Line practices other than they were hitting really hard. We have no camp kickers or punters to spell Morestead or Hartley (that I saw. I know we had signed a camp leg but he might have been cut already).

Our 3 QBs all looked sharp. It was hard to see some of it in the rain b/c of rude bastards with umbrellas. 3rd Stringer Sean Canfield sticks out like a sore thumb (2nd year guy out of Oregon State) because he's 6'4ish standing next to Drew Brees (6'0) and Chase Daniel (5'11). He'll probably only have a roster spot when we can afford to carry a 3rd QB like last year.

We had 3 fullbacks out there. Smart money says they'll go with Korey Hall from Green Bay but I'm hoping Practice Squad guy Jed Collins from Washington State wins that battle. He seems like a cool guy. I'm still miffed at reports that they're NOT bringing back Heath Evans.

Oh and for tight ends, it was the Jimmy Graham show. So much so that I went ahead and bought his jersey. (we wound up dropping $330 between the souvenir stand and "The Black and Gold Shop" a few miles from the practice facility.
Seeking 2007 National Treasures Drew Brees Laundry Tag cards #'d to 10.
Trade/Buy for: Saints and Frank Thomas

Hobby instagram

The heat isn't as bad there as it is here, plus it's a good way to get away from it all for a bit. Da Saints are gonna be awesome dis year! WHO DAT!
[Image: 2a1aA.jpg]