`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
08/09 SP Authentic Future Watch Missing RC's???

08/09 SP Authentic Future Watch Missing RC's???
Anyone know what happened with some of the 08/09 SPA FW Auto RC's.

I'm searching for the following that were redemptions in the original product but seem impossible to find. I have been searching since the product came out and have only seen 1 or 2 show up on ebay ever. Since I have seen them, I know they exist but they seem to be real tough to find.

Josh Bailey - have seen 2
Nikita Filatov - have seen 1
Brett Sutter - have seen 1

RE: 08/09 SP Authentic Future Watch Missing RC's???
(08-10-2011, 09:19 AM)netsmashers10 Wrote: Anyone know what happened with some of the 08/09 SPA FW Auto RC's.

I'm searching for the following that were redemptions in the original product but seem impossible to find. I have been searching since the product came out and have only seen 1 or 2 show up on ebay ever. Since I have seen them, I know they exist but they seem to be real tough to find.

Josh Bailey - have seen 2
Nikita Filatov - have seen 1
Brett Sutter - have seen 1
There could be several reasons why you rarely see these....anything from a lack of redemptions to the possibility that certain cards were traded to PC collectors etc., said cards being unredeemed by the original card holder, but rather, by the person it was traded to. Also, factor in the possibility that not every redemption was actually redeemed, and a print run of say 999, falls to possibly 700...
I myself, had I pulled any of these, would have redeemed them, but I also know that quite a few collectors would say " Josh Bailey???WTH?? Why bother?"

Just my Canadian nickel's worth!
[Image: opiebanner.png]

Thanks to Tha Penguin for the banner!
Always looking for Senators and Canucks cards.

Opie's Senators Collection: 4036/14396 28.3%, according to Beckett's database

(08-10-2011, 10:37 AM)opierocks Wrote: There could be several reasons why you rarely see these....anything from a lack of redemptions to the possibility that certain cards were traded to PC collectors etc., said cards being unredeemed by the original card holder, but rather, by the person it was traded to. Also, factor in the possibility that not every redemption was actually redeemed, and a print run of say 999, falls to possibly 700...
I myself, had I pulled any of these, would have redeemed them, but I also know that quite a few collectors would say " Josh Bailey???WTH?? Why bother?"

Just my Canadian nickel's worth!
I think a major part of it is perhaps Upper Deck never put that many redemptions in their packs, but they won't own up to it. When these cards have popped up they go for $100-150 because you can't find them. For all we know UD is sitting on hundreds of them to be used in the future as replacements for other redemptions since that is what they do.

(08-10-2011, 02:11 PM)netsmashers10 Wrote: I think a major part of it is perhaps Upper Deck never put that many redemptions in their packs, but they won't own up to it. When these cards have popped up they go for $100-150 because you can't find them. For all we know UD is sitting on hundreds of them to be used in the future as replacements for other redemptions since that is what they do.
That wouldn't surprise me. So, note to self, if I pull a redemption, keep it, haha.
Collecting Anton Lander and Mark Arcobello

some of them are just sitting in UD somewhere in Cali i mean NC or SC....
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)