`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
So my cards that were being graded are finished and shipped so i checked the gradings

RE: So my cards that were being graded are finished and shipped so i checked the gradings
(08-10-2011, 02:02 PM)_ZENAS_ Wrote: who would it be then? I doubt too many postal employees have off-center replacements for the cards being sent in. if they are being swapped, and I don't know that they are, but if they are, it would have to be beckett employees doing the grading.
The other Grading companies, funny man.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

RE: So my cards that were being graded are finished and shipped so i checked the gradings
My LCS has sent off vintage cards and RCs from as late as the mid-1980s to get graded and some of the cards that came back weren't the 1s sent off. He was always making a copy/scan of the card front and back before sending. Then he would compare and there were several that weren't even close.

With #d cards it's hard to get away with, if not impossible to do because you scan front and back and if serially #s don't match, then you know it was switched.

But with vintage and other cards that aren't #d, it's a lot easier than people think. I hope that isn't what happened, but it has been and does get done.

(08-09-2011, 09:51 PM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: Thought of this for some reason.
[Image: texas.jpg]
[Image: smiley-lol.png]
LOL

(08-10-2011, 02:06 PM)nolan5000 Wrote: The other Grading companies, funny man.
What the heck are you talking about? this thread was about a submission to beckett as I understood it.

funny man

(08-10-2011, 02:15 PM)_ZENAS_ Wrote: What the heck are you talking about? this thread was about a submission to beckett as I understood it.

funny man
I believe he's saying the other companies do some funny things...wouldn't want to talk bad about beckett on a beckett thread

I understand that's what he's saying. However it has been suggested in this thread that beckett might do it.

Heres a picture of the Strasburg card. Wish I would have taken more before I mailed it off.

Photobucket

(08-10-2011, 02:15 PM)_ZENAS_ Wrote: What the heck are you talking about? this thread was about a submission to beckett as I understood it.

funny man
If you look back one person spoke of their experience with PSA swapping cards.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

If it makes you feel better or maybe put the blame on topps I sent the same card in and got back a7.5. all 9's except for one flaw. Plus these are s# so it would be noticable if they swaped.

Photobucket
I collect "THE 27 CLUB" - Matt Kemp & Mike Trout RC's
[Image: RyinvZK.png]
[Image: beckett2_zps5fe6c285.jpg]
~! KEEP THE HOBBY ALIVE !~
Props to jbel4331

(08-10-2011, 04:56 PM)daddys lil all star Wrote: If it makes you feel better or maybe put the blame on topps I sent the same card in and got back a7.5. all 9's except for one flaw. Plus these are s# so it would be noticable if they swaped.

Photobucket
That 7.5 is looking pretty good right now, lol