`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hobby Box Help

Hobby Box Help
Hey guys, I'm trying to get one of my childhood friends into collecting. Someone gave him a lot of older stuff (70's and mostly 80's). I know those aren't worth anything, but he has really enjoyed sorting through them, busting newer blasters, etc. We are thinking of splitting a hobby box, but I can't decide what would be best for us. Right now, the two I have been debating are 2011 A&G since there are 3 hits per box (I think) or 2011 Bowman Chrome. But I haven't bought a hobby box in years, so if there are better products for our money, please let me know. It doesn't have to be either of these two. I just want something good that bring excitement to him like it does for me. Thanks for any suggestions.
I collect any Derek Jeter and 2010 Allen and Ginter relic cards.

RE: Hobby Box Help
I would go with bowman platinum or 2011 bowman..

I've had alot of good pulls with blaster boxes. I think if it were me i'd buy 5 or 6 blaster boxes of platinum. This is just me though. Hobby does give you the guarantee of hits but from the videos I watch. I do alot better in blaster boxes. This guy busted 10 cases of 11 platinums and not one harper.lol He was pissed.

I also see it like this- platinum hobby is 20/5. So you get 100 cards in the box total for the 100.

Blaster is 8/4 for 20.00 x 5 boxes is 160 cards. I'd take the 60 extra cards. This also helps for trying to build sets or whatever.
[Image: ge_zpse4f470b2.jpg]
Wanted: Indians, Cavs, Rookies, Inserts,Lebron and Kyrie.

First off...decide what you want to go after...established stars, older players, or prospects to collect/hold/trade...when you decide that, then it will lead you to the best box. What you're looking for in Bowman isn't the same as what you're looking for in A/G

A&G has a lot of non sports inserts, which may or may not be your thing. Topps Marquee comes out soon and is a little more pricey but the cards are amazing. If you want to just rip a bunch of packs bowman platinum is probably your best bet.
[Image: braunsig.png]

He opened a blaster of A&G and Bowman Platinum. He didn't really get any great hits. I guess I'm looking for something that has some hits and a chance at something really good. That's why I was considering A&G. It's always been one of my favorite products, and you never know what kind of weird/cool stuff you're gonna get. I guess I'm looking for something that has a good assortment of GU, Autos, and RC's. The reason I was leaning towards Chrome is because we would have a chance to get some prospects to flip for some extra cash. But I'm really not sure. Thanks for all the opinions so far, guys. I'm going to look into each of the products mentioned.

I'm having a hard time deciding also. Sorry I couldn't help.

2010 Platinum comes with 4 autographed cards, so if splitting you both get 2. One is a redemption card auto though, have to wait for it to show up in the mail.

(08-09-2011, 05:33 PM)sesamestreet4life Wrote: 2010 Platinum comes with 4 autographed cards, so if splitting you both get 2. One is a redemption card auto though, have to wait for it to show up in the mail.
Thanks for the info!

I would definitely avoid Bowman Platinum. The pre-release checklist to the actual checklist is a huge discrepancy. People seem to have lost a ton of money on that product.

A&G was fun for me - I opened 4 boxes (2 each time) - if you like all the minis and the look of the cards it's fun. However, make sure you go into it expecting three plain jerseys of not so hot players as your hits. There are some very nice hits in the product, but boy are they hard to come by.

If you want to bust something with random inserts and fun cards: 2011 Topps Lineage looks fun. I haven't bought this product myself.

Good luck