`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Just missed out the the card I have been looking for forever!!

Just missed out the the card I have been looking for forever!!
I'm gonna be sad about this one the rest of the day. I thought the set up perfect...
Card I have been looking for 8 months shows up on Ebay with I deal conditions

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...fresh=true

1 day auction

bad picture

ends at 9AM East coast on a Monday

Thought I was gonna get a steal..

250BV David Wright Rookie /70...at 31 dollars with 15 seconds left.

I thought I'll bid 111 just to make sure...nope one other person had the same idea 3 second earlier and big higher.. I lose.. he gets it for 113.5, I was willing to go higher.. I should have done so

The funny part is if only one of us had bid the next highest bidder was 50 dollars and it would have went for 51. Why didnt he have a bathroom emergency or something...maybe he did and beat me from his phone on the stall.. that would make me feel worse...

The search continues..
Finder's Fee for these cards if I obtain them(NO EBAY or COMC).

2010 Neftali Feliz Ginter Relic,

RE: Just missed out the the card I have been looking for forever!!
Sorry - that stinks...

(08-08-2011, 08:47 AM)captdolo Wrote: I was willing to go higher.. I should have done so
Successful bidding on Ebay = Bid once, bid late, and bid your MAX.

Quote:The funny part is if only one of us had bid the next highest bidder was 50 dollars and it would have went for 51. Why didnt he have a bathroom emergency or something...maybe he did and beat me from his phone on the stall.. that would make me feel worse...

He probably had a sniping program set up to make his bid...on the one or two items a month I make bids on I always use one so I can be sure to get my bid in.

[Image: ceocards6copy.png]

Click on banner for photobucket link.

Ugh, sorry to hear that...I feel your pain! I lost out on a Mccutchen sparkle yesterday by 50 cents. Worst part was, I went to a movie for the first time in god knows how many years. Of course, the auction ended during the movie. Crud.
[Image: 3XHoG.png][Image: untitled.png]
Collecting:Andrew McCutchen, Duke Snider & Brooklyn Dodgers
I ship on weekends

(08-08-2011, 08:47 AM)captdolo Wrote: I'm gonna be sad about this one the rest of the day. I thought the set up perfect...
Card I have been looking for 8 months shows up on Ebay with I deal conditions

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...fresh=true

1 day auction

bad picture

ends at 9AM East coast on a Monday

Thought I was gonna get a steal..

250BV David Wright Rookie /70...at 31 dollars with 15 seconds left.

I thought I'll bid 111 just to make sure...nope one other person had the same idea 3 second earlier and big higher.. I lose.. he gets it for 113.5, I was willing to go higher.. I should have done so
The winning bidder may have placed an even higher bid of say $150.00, it only jumped the required amount to pass yours. At least there are 69 others of that card so maybe another comes along soon & you'll get it for less.
Collecting: Auto's, G/U Jsy/Bat, Refractors, etc.., Harper, Trout, Jeter, Mantle, Rivera, Pujols,Ripken, Griffey Jr, Heyward, Cal Ripken Jr., Posey,
Other Auto's, GU cards will be considered

www.gixen.com worked for me!

(08-08-2011, 02:39 PM)alexs64 Wrote: www.gixen.com worked for me!
What am I, chopped liver Alex?!

You better not ever use that sneaky trick against me sir! I will see it comin from a mile away especially on the Brauns I am eyein!

(08-08-2011, 02:47 PM)jtulliakat0628 Wrote: What am I, chopped liver Alex?!

You better not ever use that sneaky trick against me sir! I will see it comin from a mile away especially on the Brauns I am eyein!
HAHA!!! You snooze you lose! I am just saying...it did work for me. Did you see my Ethier /10 I picked up last night? Gixen....

i need your either if its for trade.
[Image: griffeyjr.jpg]

(08-08-2011, 02:49 PM)alexs64 Wrote: HAHA!!! You snooze you lose! I am just saying...it did work for me. Did you see my Ethier /10 I picked up last night? Gixen....
I didn't see that man! It't not your sig right? You have had the card in your sig for quite some time now I thought.

You got a pic in your bucket?

Right now, I am tryin to let go of some other PC stuff so I can bolster my Brauns so I can catch up with some of these beckett fools,lol that are making my collection look puny!

(08-08-2011, 03:41 PM)bman12 Wrote: i need your either if its for trade.
Bman,
are you talking about the Ethier in my Sig? I have to respectfully decline, I am an Ethier collector and this is my only Gem Mint 10 card as well. Sorry bud.

Alex