`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2006 Topps Alex Gordon Craze!

RE: 2006 Topps Alex Gordon Craze!
was the craze like it is now for bryce harper or strasburg?
[Image: angelsbanner.jpg]

(09-08-2011, 06:00 PM)elfeo013 Wrote: was the craze like it is now for bryce harper or strasburg?
I think it was. It was only for one set (regular 2006 Topps) and was supposively inserted in just retail packs. I know that Wal Mart and Target could not keep the boxes and packs stocked due to everyone chasing them. It was on multiple news channels and even Keith Olbermann payed a top penny for one of the cards..I believe he bought more than 1.
-Collecting rookie, game-used, and autographed cards of Hall of Famers and future Hall of Famers in baseball, basketball, and football.
-Collecting autographs/cut autos and memorabilia of historic figures.

wow, I just looked up the card on the bay and it's still pretty pricey
[Image: angelsbanner.jpg]

(09-08-2011, 06:18 PM)elfeo013 Wrote: wow, I just looked up the card on the bay and it's still pretty pricey
wow, just took a look at the completed auctions, and wow,lol
[Image: WillTheThrillSig.jpg]

I would hit walmart daily and spend stupid money on retail boxes trying to find one, like everyone else.

Never did pull one.
Seeking 2007 National Treasures Drew Brees Laundry Tag cards #'d to 10.
Trade/Buy for: Saints and Frank Thomas

Hobby instagram

First the full card, then the cut outs including Topps Heritage. Prices on eBay were insane. Keith Olbermann was the buying force behind it.
[Image: fredwilliamson.jpg]

I have been collecting Royals all my life and had bought the 2006 royals set off of eBay. I remember being disappointed when the Gordon wasn't included and tried chasing it down. The first one on eBay sold for 10,000 I believe and there were several articles out about it. It started to slow down, but for quite some time retail blasters (esp the "hot" ones from Wichita" were selling for 100+. In the KC area all of the retail was gone as well. After Gordon started to stink prices dropped dramatically and I ended up getting a full version for 150 about a year ago. I believe I heard there are about 100 in circulation.
Royals Super Collector; PC's of Paul Splittorff, George Brett, Mike Sweeney

(09-09-2011, 08:21 AM)homerjg007 Wrote: I have been collecting Royals all my life and had bought the 2006 royals set off of eBay. I remember being disappointed when the Gordon wasn't included and tried chasing it down. The first one on eBay sold for 10,000 I believe and there were several articles out about it. It started to slow down, but for quite some time retail blasters (esp the "hot" ones from Wichita" were selling for 100+. In the KC area all of the retail was gone as well. After Gordon started to stink prices dropped dramatically and I ended up getting a full version for 150 about a year ago. I believe I heard there are about 100 in circulation.
Definately more than 100 in circulation.
[Image: fredwilliamson.jpg]