`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Check out my new Mantle

Check out my new Mantle
I've been on the fringe of the hobby for about a year and a half, just having fun buying bargain cards and slowly working on my 2008 Goudey Memorabilia set. Went into an LCS that I haven't been to in a while and made my first significant purchase in several years.

1958 Topps Mickey Mantle All-Star

[Image: mantle-1.jpg]

Felt pretty good about the price so I went for it, made it up to the wife by going to IKEA with her
[Image: Boston.jpg]

RE: Check out my new Mantle
I'm sure it was a good buy on a great card.
Interested in EX-MT or better pre-'56 Cardinals, '53 Bowman Color & '74-'78 Topps.
http://s606.photobucket.com/home/jalbregts

Never can go wrong with a mantle! Great job
PC: Cardinal Parallels/Rainbows of Pujols, Chris Carpenter, Molina, Lankford, Gibson, Musial, and Cardinal Prospects

WOW! A Red Sox fan buying a Yankee card? Anybody else see the irony? Nice pick-up.

A Red Sox fan most definitely. I am also a baseball fan who loves the history of baseball and who collects cards from the era's that legendary players played in. Yes, Mickey Mantle played for a team that I hate, but he is a H.O.F.er, he did play on (I hate to say this) Great Yankee teams, and he is arguably the most collectible player in this hobby. Red Sox fan or not, if I get a chance to pick up a vintage Mickey Mantle card that I can afford, I would do it every time
[Image: Boston.jpg]

Nice pickup.That was the first Mantle I bought also.

Nice! Its great that you see the history in the player and the card despite the team rivalry. I would have done the same thing!
Always looking to complete sets.

Collecting Allen & Ginter, Topps Heritage, Bowman Chrome, Topps Chrome, Gypsy Queen, etc.

I am a Yankee fan, and I wouldn't think twice in picking a vintage Ted Williams card.

Nice card! I'll be picking up that card eventually as I just recently started the '58 set. Your card looks great!