`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is this an even substitution on a redemption?

Is this an even substitution on a redemption?
I pulled a redemp for a 2011 Topps Tribute Monte Irvin green parallel auto relic.

I went back and forth with Topps via email when they asked if I wanted a replacement, saying only that I did if I could get it from the same set, and that it would be a relic auto and not some generic autograph of "book value".

Well my worst fears were realized today. They sent me a 2009 bowman base Gordon Beckham auto. I went from a relic auto #/ parallel of an old time HOFer to a base auto of a guy hitting .245.

I think I'm done with cards...

RE: Is this an even substitution on a redemption?
ouch....that is not even close to an even replacement...You should send it back just to make a statement with a letter included.
-Collecting rookie, game-used, and autographed cards of Hall of Famers and future Hall of Famers in baseball, basketball, and football.
-Collecting autographs/cut autos and memorabilia of historic figures.

Not acceptable at all, i would call vs emails & insist on the card you were to receive & if they cannot accomodate you then to furnish an equal or higher valued card.
Collecting: Auto's, G/U Jsy/Bat, Refractors, etc.., Harper, Trout, Jeter, Mantle, Rivera, Pujols,Ripken, Griffey Jr, Heyward, Cal Ripken Jr., Posey,
Other Auto's, GU cards will be considered

I swear sometimes they they base the "value" of something on what they actually have to pay to get the aquired item. not the same to us.. but to them.. I really have no idea how this works but it's been my thought for a while
no org, please do not send trade requests

I haven't really bought cards in a while. Fact is, I haven't bought anything while I've been waiting for this redemption. This is probably the nail in the coffin for me. The hobby just isn't worth it to me anymore. The companies advertise stuff before they have it, and then when they can't get it, they don't make it right.

A little over dramatic? Maybe. But this has pretty much wrapped up my interest in cards.