`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Player Collectors: Why are they your pc?

Player Collectors: Why are they your pc?
So today I was thinking, I collect Brandon Marshall because he is my favorite player in the league even before he came to the dolphins, and my luck was he came to my favorite team. But I don't know how I became so attached to collecting him or liking him so much. Is it just a habit or is there a reason other player collectors collect one player? I'd love to hear why you collect one player, if they are on your favorite team or not

RE: Player Collectors: Why are they your pc?
Matt Ryan: I was born and raised in Georgia. I've lived here all my life in metro Atlanta. We've never had a team nor a quarterback like him.
Collecting Falcons, 3 Color or More Patches!
--- 2011 Rookies and Stars Materials Black Prime Longevity 053 out of 106 found. HELP!
[Image: StevenJacksonFalconsSmall.jpg]

http://s626.photobucket.com/user/JHnGA09/library

Jacoby Ford.....this kid was awesome last year and i feel he hasnt even scratched the surface yet...I've been a raiders fan since the early/mid 80's and will be till I die.......
[Image: cyber-1.png]
Bucket
Collecting CURRENT Raiders....Carr, Mack, Bo, brown ++

I started watching NFL in 1989 and collected cards then as well. I think it has a lot to do with local teams, but I know it's not limited to that. In my case, I grew up in Minneapolis, MN so the Vikings are what I started to watch. I collected Cris Carter starting a bit later because he was a good player of course and was with the team a long time. As it started to become a bit more difficult to find stuff I needed for my collection I expanded to John Randle and then again for additional Vikings. If I had a much bigger budget to work with I would collect more than just Vikings since I am a fan of a lot of players over the years.

TLDR summary: Local team and budget would be main reasons I think there are player collector's
[Image: wavysig.jpg]

Cris Carter Collector 1660/2351
John Randle Collector 349/568
Pro Set Collector

http://s696.photobucket.com/albums/vv327...e%20Cards/

My 9yr old son and I collect Jacquizz Rodgers because we saw him play alot the last few years at Oregon State. It was fun times we had just him and I. Before one of the games we were at the stadium early and Jacquizz took the time out to throw the ball around with my son. Jacquizz has been his favorite player from that day on.

(08-06-2011, 04:54 AM)te2333 Wrote: My 9yr old son and I collect Jacquizz Rodgers because we saw him play alot the last few years at Oregon State. It was fun times we had just him and I. Before one of the games we were at the stadium early and Jacquizz took the time out to throw the ball around with my son. Jacquizz has been his favorite player from that day on.
This is what I love to hear, players taking the time to give back to their fans! It probably made your sons day and he probably had the best time out their with him.

Yeah my son is pretty shy, but the smile on his face I will never forget. My son and I are Dallas Cowboys fans, but my son told me he has to get a Jacquizz Falcons jersey...lol

I collect any player who went to UGA. UGA is my school! It helps out when a player from UGA goes to the Falcons. Thats the reason Im trying to get all the DJ Shockley cards I can, he was one of my favorite Bulldogs, and he was drafter by the Falcons!

i collect josh freeman because i saw what an amazing athlete he was in college. i saw a lot of potential in him and he was so great to watch. now that he got picked my favorite team and closest team i get to watch him play quite often. he is my favorite player ever for the bucs and i hope he becomes the star the bucs are hoping for. i think he'll be an MVP canidate and bring home the gold to Tampa Bay.
Betts Hursh Kimbrel Smile

[Image: bd2740c1-d591-4332-b7b1-0528f205c994_zpsdbff6c02.jpg]

I collect Mikel LeShoure, why well I bought a box of Leaf Metal and pull him. I heard of him but didn't know much about him. I got on youtube and watch some highlights, great back by the way, and was blown away. I knew he would be a star back, then he got drafted by the Lions, for some reason I don't like the team but, I like their running backs. Probably don't make a lick of sense but it's true.
Wants Drew Brees everything
Second colliction Gabbert and all 2011 quarterbacks
[Image: ridley_brees.jpg]
http://s1115.photobucket.com/albums/k559/rshcard86/
my site
http://rshcard86.weebly.com/