`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well this is just not fair

RE: Well this is just not fair
(08-04-2011, 09:25 PM)shivelycore Wrote: which is funny as you aren't allowed to ship alcohol VIA UPS.
Did not know that. In that case, it should be 18 or older, not 21 then
[Image: jetersig_zps16abeec2.jpg]
Collecting Robinson Cano, Eduardo Nunez, and Derek Jeter
Also making sigs

I really don't think we are getting the whole story here, because a seller on eBay would not just send a box of baseball cards to someone's house requiring an adult signature for no reason at all, so there had to be a legitimate reason as to why the seller would consider doing this, especially since it cost them more money to do it this way, it cost the Shipper $5.25 for the adult signature confirmation.

so, with that being said, let me ask you this,
Who's credit card or paypal did you use to order the merchandise, your mom's or your dad's?

Or did you have it delivered C.O.D?
the bucket
http://postimage.org/Shez

WANTED:
2006 FLAIR SHOWCASE SIGNATURES #/35

(08-04-2011, 09:59 PM)shezdoni Wrote: I really don't think we are getting the whole story here, because a seller on eBay would not just send a box of baseball cards to someone's house requiring an adult signature for no reason at all, so there had to be a legitimate reason as to why the seller would consider doing this, especially since it cost them more money to do it this way, it cost the Shipper $5.25 for the adult signature confirmation.

Who's credit card or paypal did you use to order the merchandise, your mom's or your dad's?

Actually i have my own credit card/paypal account/ebay account/money/job...I'm 20, i don't use my parents money, I have my own
Also making sigs

(08-04-2011, 09:59 PM)shezdoni Wrote: so, with that being said, let me ask you this,
let's not jump to conclusions
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

(08-04-2011, 10:16 PM)bustin 5 knots Wrote: let's not jump to conclusions
Yeah he jumped to a conclusion....a wrong one(read my comment above) and i emailed the seller and he told me it wasn't his rule. He said in some areas UPS requires a signature of someone who is 21 or older which can't be true because I always sign for packages
Also making sigs

(08-04-2011, 09:59 PM)shezdoni Wrote: I really don't think we are getting the whole story here, because a seller on eBay would not just send a box of baseball cards to someone's house requiring an adult signature for no reason at all, so there had to be a legitimate reason as to why the seller would consider doing this, especially since it cost them more money to do it this way, it cost the Shipper $5.25 for the adult signature confirmation.

Don't know why you'd think he was lying about this. You only need to be 18 to get a credit card or sign up for Paypal.

[Image: NewBitmapImage4-1.jpg]

[Image: NewBitmapImage2.jpg]

Working on: 2011 Topps 60/Next 60 unique Autos (50/142) & Relics (?/101)

I didn't think UPS ever got a signature anymore. They just drop the box and run. My box of bowman was left at the back door, safely out of the rain. No signature required. This doesn't make sense.

(08-05-2011, 05:04 AM)randall617 Wrote: I didn't think UPS ever got a signature anymore. They just drop the box and run. My box of bowman was left at the back door, safely out of the rain. No signature required. This doesn't make sense.
Yeah UPS usually does the same thing if nobody is home but for some reason the guy who sold this to me made it so a signature of someone 21 or older is required....actually he said that that's a UPS rule which I don't believe because I'm always signing for packages
Also making sigs

so have you called UPS to sort it out or what? seems like a pretty easy fix and then you get your cards. as far as returning to the seller for that? seems silly

seems an easy way to figure out what you need to do to get your package is call UPS. even if the driver seemed unwilling to sort out how to do get it situated for you...the callcenter will

and unless their policy has changed since i worked in one of their callcenters years ago you could have one of your parents sign a piece of paper to deliver the package. or if they leave you a note about the package they can sign that and leave it for the next delivery attempt
Jonny Venters - Super Collector
Overall Collection (113/157 72% Complete)
base/parallels (85/85 100%)
1/1's (28/72 39%)

always looking for venters 1/1's and 2008/2010 low numbered refractors

(08-05-2011, 05:04 AM)randall617 Wrote: I didn't think UPS ever got a signature anymore. They just drop the box and run. My box of bowman was left at the back door, safely out of the rain. No signature required. This doesn't make sense.
You arent lying about the ups dropping the package and running off. mine always rings the doorbell and leaves the package on the porch and sprints back to the truck through my yard. There are a ton of acorns all over my yard so Im just waiting for the day one of these ups guys slips and eats sh... dirt. I always meet the pizza man outside in the drive way so he doesnt slip and drop my pizza walking to the door!