`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sell or Keep...NEED ADVICE !

Sell or Keep...NEED ADVICE !
As everyone on here knows i am a Jason Heyward collector. I have a few autographs of him that are considered high end. What does everyone think i should do with these. I have his whole set of 2010 bowman chrome auto's graded 9.5 BGS. Im looking for advice as to what to do or what i should get out of them if i sell them or should i keep them ? All comments welcome on this one.

[Image: scan0014.jpg][Image: scan0006.jpg][Image: scan0013.jpg][Image: scan0011.jpg]
Looking for Highend Pujols/Chipper/Longo

Also looking for a new sweet banner, i will provide all the pictures just need someone to put together a sweet one !

RE: Sell or Keep...NEED ADVICE !
Why sell! Tuck them away!
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

Not sure derek. He is having a bad season for sure but not sure if he is going to come around or not. If i could get 600-700 bucks or so for the set that would be better than getting 200-300 in a few years if he doesn't pan out

Also looking for a new sweet banner, i will provide all the pictures just need someone to put together a sweet one !

Maybe put up the lot with a really high BIN OBO and see what kind of offers come in
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]

(08-03-2011, 01:06 PM)iconms Wrote: Maybe put up the lot with a really high BIN OBO and see what kind of offers come in
What do you think should be the point where i keep them or sell them ?

thats a tough one...i'm optimistic that he will play through it and be awesome
Jonny Venters - Super Collector
Overall Collection (113/157 72% Complete)
base/parallels (85/85 100%)
1/1's (28/72 39%)

always looking for venters 1/1's and 2008/2010 low numbered refractors

Collect players you like, if you're collecting because you think they are valuable more times than not you are going to be asking yourself questions like this and be stressed out instead of enjoying collecting. Do what's fun. You should probably be player collecting someone already a proven star that is retired or someone like Jeter or Pujols if you need a safety net of $$$ in the back of your mind, as opposed to a second year player still having ups and downs.

If you think Jason Heyward is cool and you want his cards keep them, but if what you spent on them is going to ruin that for you and you think you need to bail out because his market value my decrease, then you may want to re-think how you approach acquisitions ha ha

If you are thinking of being less a player collector and more of a team collector and are thinking of re-directing finances to boost that angle of collecting then your mind may be right in thinking selling a couple of them to buy pieces of other dudes is worth it - I mean, why have so many Heywards if you don't have an equally cool *insert Braves player here* - technically they are all the same auto on the same card, just different colors - if that is the case I'd keep the one that tickles your fancy the most, sell the others.

If I were a Braves fan I would still want one whether or not he tanked if I watched him play and liked him as a player.

If you are asking because there are other variables not listed in the thread, such as you want something else or need to pay bills ect, I dunno.

(08-03-2011, 01:19 PM)sesamestreet4life Wrote: Collect players you like, if you're collecting because you think they are valuable more times than not you are going to be asking yourself questions like this and be stressed out instead of enjoying collecting. Do what's fun. You should probably be player collecting someone already a proven star that is retired or someone like Jeter or Pujols if you need a safety net of $$$ in the back of your mind, as opposed to a second year player still having ups and downs.

If you think Jason Heyward is cool and you want his cards keep them, but if what you spent on them is going to ruin that for you and you think you need to bail out because his market value my decrease, then you may want to re-think how you approach acquisitions ha ha

If you are thinking of being less a player collector and more of a team collector and are thinking of re-directing finances to boost that angle of collecting then your mind may be right in thinking selling a couple of them to buy pieces of other dudes is worth it - I mean, why have so many Heywards if you don't have an equally cool *insert Braves player here* - technically they are all the same auto on the same card, just different colors - if that is the case I'd keep the one that tickles your fancy the most, sell the others.

If you are asking because there are other variables not listed in the thread, such as you want something else or need to pay bills ect, I dunno.
Very good response...The reasons you listed are why I collect Hall of Famers, who of course, are already established.
-Collecting rookie, game-used, and autographed cards of Hall of Famers and future Hall of Famers in baseball, basketball, and football.
-Collecting autographs/cut autos and memorabilia of historic figures.

Those are good responses guys. I already have a nice jeter auto and 3 pujols autos that are never going to see the light of day out of my PC for a really long time. I have been focusing on Pujols autos and collecting braves autos with caution right now. I think i might just throw it up on ebay and see what kind of feedback i get and if not i will keep most of them and sell the rest individually

(08-03-2011, 01:19 PM)sesamestreet4life Wrote: Collect players you like, if you're collecting because you think they are valuable more times than not you are going to be asking yourself questions like this and be stressed out instead of enjoying collecting. Do what's fun. You should probably be player collecting someone already a proven star that is retired or someone like Jeter or Pujols if you need a safety net of $$$ in the back of your mind, as opposed to a second year player still having ups and downs.

If I were a Braves fan I would still want one whether or not he tanked if I watched him play and liked him as a player.

+1 For real.