`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Yadier Molina to be Suspended

RE: Yadier Molina to be Suspended
The position the umpire is standing in is called the "Slot" and it does provide the best view of the entire strike zone. Jim Evans has done years and years of study to make the umpire position a more exact science... Go look at umpires in the 60's and 70's.....there are umpires being collided with on plays at home plate.....due to proper angle and distance the modern umpire at the MLB level should never find himself in the position...

I would say read this if you are interested in the science of umpiring: http://www.umpire.org/store/product_info...cts_id=101

I don't think Yadi should get any huge suspension, the ump looked like he was being a jerk.

I do think this thread belongs in the baseball talk section and not the baseball HOBBY talk section. Just pointing out as people make whine threads in the trade section every few days about threads that belong there and yet tolerate threads that don't belong in the hobby section constantly being posted here instead of in the baseball sport talk section ha ha.

First off I am a die hard Cardinals fan. Last nights game was an exciting game no matter which team you were rooting for or against. The umpire is not supposed to be the center of attention. This guy put himself in the center by his terrible calls. The pitch that Molina argued was NOT called a strike all night long. When you look at it on Fox Trax it was clearly inside and off the plate. Molina knows the strike zone better than most as evident by his low strike out total. The Cardinals and Brewers are in a heated pennant race with emotions being part of the game. Yadi definitely lost his cool and made contact with the umpire. At NO time did he ever intentionally spit in the Umps face. Did he say it and spray it? Quite possible and likely. Does Yadi deserve a suspension, Yes! He will get a 5 or 6 game suspension and appeal it. It will probably be reduced by a game or two.
(08-03-2011, 11:53 AM)kelbysdaddy Wrote: that guy is a jerk. i have nothing against cardinal fans and i dislike the cubs more than i do the cards(please dont start yelling at me) but things i've seen from certain cardinal players(and coach) are extremly classless. just the other day larussa complained that the banner lights at miller park are brighter when the brewers are batting to give them an unfair advantage(i've been to mp dozens of times-not true at all) and braun getting pegged last night was just pathetic. there was no way pujols getting hit was intentional. i really dont hate the cardinals even though i am a huge brewer fan. i still am a big fan of mark mcguire.
I read today on the St. Louis Post Dispatch website that the umpire crew chief said that the Brewers have had other complaints from other teams regarding the banner lighting so there may be something there. As for Braun getting pegged and being pathetic, that is old school baseball and was handled by the players. That is how it should be done. I also know that the Brewers were not intentionally trying to hit Pujols. Its just how the game is played. Its the old eye for an eye deal.
(08-03-2011, 10:40 AM)kevinnashoutsider Wrote: On all four videos it's clear the very last thing he does is spit in his face.... Every commentator on each video also says he spit in his face...
You mean EVERY Brewers commentator. It wasnt said on Fox Sports Midwest by the Cardinals broadcasters. They didnt say it on ESPN Sportscenter or Baseball Tonight. I never heard it said on MLB Network either. They all did agree that Yadi crossed the line and should be suspended and I will agree with that.
[Image: stl.jpg]
I build sets, collect Lou Brock & Jeremy Maclin. Both of my sons went to Kirkwood HS with Jeremy. I will also look at Kurt Warner, Big Ben and Old Big Red Auto's.

(08-03-2011, 12:37 PM)dkotart Wrote: Rolls eyes, and spits on the screen....just kidding. Hopefully it will be a good game like last nights game. You have to admit, last nights game was a good one (and not just because the CARDINALS WON!). I like a game when the lead goes back and forth.

Told ya... La Russa hung his pitcher out to dry and the Brewers ate him for breakfast.

I think he should be suspended for the remainder of the season. Number 1 you don't brush, bump or shove a umpire. Number 2 you never curse so children in the stands can hear you or the networks broadcasting the game. He was unbecoming of a professional and should be dealt with harshly and swiftly. There is ways to protest and what was displayed last night was purely and udderly pathetic!!!!
[Image: rm1_zpsecc24267.jpg]

(08-03-2011, 05:35 PM)yankeeempire Wrote: I think he should be suspended for the remainder of the season. Number 1 you don't brush, bump or shove a umpire. Number 2 you never curse so children in the stands can hear you or the networks broadcasting the game. He was unbecoming of a professional and should be dealt with harshly and swiftly. There is ways to protest and what was displayed last night was purely and udderly pathetic!!!!
As udderly pathetic as my comment? [Image: udder.jpg]
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

(08-03-2011, 05:38 PM)bustin 5 knots Wrote: As udderly pathetic as my comment? [Image: udder.jpg]
LMAO
(08-03-2011, 05:35 PM)yankeeempire Wrote: I think he should be suspended for the remainder of the season. Number 1 you don't brush, bump or shove a umpire. Number 2 you never curse so children in the stands can hear you or the networks broadcasting the game. He was unbecoming of a professional and should be dealt with harshly and swiftly. There is ways to protest and what was displayed last night was purely and udderly pathetic!!!!
Are you just blowing off steam because A-Roid is in trouble again?

Are you kidding me? Players bump umps almost every other week in arguments and only get a couple games. The rest of the year?? Get real. AND you're talking like this is the first time any player has ever cursed and has been caught on the mic. Have you never watched a home run derby, let alone a game? Every one of the ASG/espn/fox national telecast games mic up the field and always always pick up the cursing of players, I hear it all the time.

As for Molina, yea he went a little overboard. However, the umps were pathetic. One of the FSMW commentators even mentioned this was the first time they had even heard the name of one of the umpires. Game one would have went completely differently if the Brewers weren't given a free run after the obvious missed call at first....and last night the strike zone was completely inconsistent. My mom doesn't know much about baseball and she even called me last night asking if I was watching the game and if I saw how badly they were calling balls and strikes. If umps can't call a consistent game then they are the ones who need to be given a vacation by the MLB.

If you've watched nearly every game Molina has played in like I have, you'd know he doesn't get mad like that very often. For him to have an outburst like that, it's pretty obvious the umpiring was at fault.

PS: Yankeempire, not taking a shot at you, just don't agree :p

(08-03-2011, 05:04 PM)kevinnashoutsider Wrote: Told ya... La Russa hung his pitcher out to dry and the Brewers ate him for breakfast.
LaRussa did not "hang his pitcher out to dry". Both teams used up their bullpens in yesterdays game and needed innings today. Wolf just pitched a better game than Jackson. Jackson did not throw a lot of pitches. Duncan and LaRussa both made mound visits to let him know that the team needed him to give some innings as the pen was used. The team player took one for the team.
[Image: stl.jpg]
I build sets, collect Lou Brock & Jeremy Maclin. Both of my sons went to Kirkwood HS with Jeremy. I will also look at Kurt Warner, Big Ben and Old Big Red Auto's.

GO CARDS!!!!!! Don't spit on umps. Its unsanitary. : ).........On a side note, I love reading your guys' arguments. keep it up baseball fans!!!!