`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: PSA Pop Reports

RE: OT: PSA Pop Reports
(08-04-2011, 12:41 AM)ricky williams 34 Wrote: Oh no you did NOT just quote me in your sig!!!
Sorry Wendy but that is HILARIOUS!!!! Smile How can you not quote that Wink
I realize they are a business but people who like grades do like to compare and why pay twice. Beckett is smart providing that as a free service as long as you are registered. IMO Smile

They ARE a business. But sometimes, you gotta give a little to get a lot.....

I get all my stuff graded through Beckett just because I can check the pop reports any time I want and I don't need to pay monthly to do it. (Even though I pay monthly anyway for the OPG)

(08-04-2011, 12:05 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: honestly, i find it disturbing that folks think they should give it away for free.
you find it disturbing?...C'mon..
[Image: eazyebanner.jpg]
Collecting ALL 2005 Frank Gore -148/406=36%
Collecting ALL 2006 Vernon davis -129/829=15%
Collecting ALL 2007 Patrick Willis -79/818=9%
Collecting ALL 2005-06 Monta Ellis -86/163=53%

(08-04-2011, 08:41 PM)eazy e Wrote: you find it disturbing?...C'mon..
as someone who runs a business, yea. this sense of entitlement, for a company to give away proprietary information....

(08-05-2011, 09:24 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: as someone who runs a business, yea. this sense of entitlement, for a company to give away proprietary information....
If grades were proprietary they wouldn't put them on the cards. They'd send us back a plastic slab with a tag that said "Graded #12345". We wouldn't know what the grade was or how they arrived at it...

Which brings up this point: PSA does keep some of its grading proprietary...and it's true that we never see that information, such as the corners/surface/whatever other criteria they use to grade a card.

Unfortunately, they post "proprietary information" right on their work...no longer making it a trade secret. If they are going to release it out into the public, the database should be public knowledge as well.

Entitlement implies people demanding something they haven't paid for or earned, and while there is far too much of it in the world today, this is not one of those cases. All of those slabs were paid for, and the grading reports were earned...
I like cards serial numbered 34/xx
[Image: RD1.jpg]
Still working on 2009 Topps Magic Autos

(08-05-2011, 09:24 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: as someone who runs a business, yea. this sense of entitlement, for a company to give away proprietary information....
You assume, that your the only one who own's/runs a business.....

(08-05-2011, 10:10 AM)ricky williams 34 Wrote: If grades were proprietary they wouldn't put them on the cards. They'd send us back a plastic slab with a tag that said "Graded #12345". We wouldn't know what the grade was or how they arrived at it...

Which brings up this point: PSA does keep some of its grading proprietary...and it's true that we never see that information, such as the corners/surface/whatever other criteria they use to grade a card.

Unfortunately, they post "proprietary information" right on their work...no longer making it a trade secret. If they are going to release it out into the public, the database should be public knowledge as well.

Entitlement implies people demanding something they haven't paid for or earned, and while there is far too much of it in the world today, this is not one of those cases. All of those slabs were paid for, and the grading reports were earned...
+1 well said
[Image: eazyebanner.jpg]
Collecting ALL 2005 Frank Gore -148/406=36%
Collecting ALL 2006 Vernon davis -129/829=15%
Collecting ALL 2007 Patrick Willis -79/818=9%
Collecting ALL 2005-06 Monta Ellis -86/163=53%