`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upper Deck All Time Greats.. really?

Upper Deck All Time Greats.. really?

Just saw a few YouTube breaks by The Hobby Box. The product looked alright and I even saw a Jordan box come by which was interesting.
Then I learned the boxes are selling for around 285 a piece. what?

Four (4!!!) cards, one of which is an auto. There are some good players but honestly, the chance of getting your money back on the box is very limited especially because ofcourse these are once again college cards.
Also, considering that all cards are of one player only really increases the gap between hit or miss. You either do incredibly well or terribly bad.

Can I please timewarp back to the 90's?

RE: Upper Deck All Time Greats.. really?
I personally think this is the best product of the year by a large margin.

Firstly, the cards are beautifully designed. All of the autos are on card except the stunning 9 x booklet autos (I'll post a scan of that in a minute).

When the worst case scenario is that you get someone like James Worthy or John Havlicek, then that can't be bad.

Here are some scans of cards I've seen pulled recently.

One person bought a case (3 boxes) and pulled the following two cards along with a Walt Frazier auto (3/5)...

[Image: IMG_0001-26.jpg]

[Image: IMG-26.jpg]

Meanwhile, another person pulled the following three cards in his case break...

[Image: IMG_0529.jpg]

[Image: 0016.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0527.jpg]

And then there is this pulled from another case...

[Image: %24(KGrHqJ,!j!E4rUEWgdeBOMyDwYdCg~~0_12.JPG]

Personally, if I was going to buy a box, I'd want some kind of guarantee that I'm getting an autograph of a great player. That's why I dislike Panini so much - there is too much risk that you're spending $100+ on autos of a couple of no-name 2nd rounders.

the 9-way booklets are crazy indeed

My LCS got a case of it and a friend of mine got a MJ box, inside was a auto booklet # to 5. The second box he opened had a 1/1 Steve Nash auto and the last box which I was going to buy, glad I didn't get there on time had a James Worthy auto. Yeah, it's hit or miss, but that's true about Panini as well... Breaking a $100 box and getting a Avery Bradley and Luke Harangody auto isn't much better!
[Image: MJCollage_zps3209fd89.jpg]

A lot of people really love or hate this product. If you like the old school players you will probably love it.

If you want more of the current players it's probably not for you. All basketball boxes are overpriced and expected sell value on a box is like probably 1/2 the price. If you hit the lotto and get a big name player patch auto you win if not you usually wind up with a lot of junk.
 photo 7dbbff6f-c806-4600-9a7a-188e4785bb3a.jpg

those are really nice cards....i dunno about payin $285 for a box though..
collecting jason williams..

This beast of a card has just appeared on eBay...

[Image: %24(KGrHqYOKioE4rVnQ0zLBON8,3f(U!~~0_12.JPG]

[Image: %24(KGrHqYOKjQE4n,Hdu1pBON8cUOZnw~~0_12.JPG]

[Image: %24(KGrHqQOKpkE4nKyMig!BON8d0,Pk!~~0_12.JPG]

[Image: %24(KGrHqEOKm4E42n!4djkBON8d3WucQ~~0_12.JPG]

Ya, it looks as if all the BEST cards have already been pulled! I thought about picking up a box but not after seeing all these 1/1 pulled already! Maybe if it comes down a lot in price!
http://s1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc471/kylel0926/

Want: Dwight Howard Autos, Patches & RC Refractors, RC Autos of Cousins, Greg Monroe, Derozan, Harden, Jrue Holiday, any other STAR Autos!

(08-02-2011, 03:04 PM)klarson03 Wrote: Ya, it looks as if all the BEST cards have already been pulled! I thought about picking up a box but not after seeing all these 1/1 pulled already! Maybe if it comes down a lot in price!
The Maravich/Jordan auto has yet to be pulled... which will surely sell for at least $2,000.

If I want autos of players in college uniforms, I'll buy presspass. I think that sums up how I feel.
Inconstancy is my very essence says the wheel Rise up on my spokes if ya like but dnt complain wen ya cast back down into the depths Good times pass away but then so do the bad Mutability is our tragedy but its also our hope The worst of times like the best are always passin away http://www.photobucket.com/vgqv