`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Travel Day worn??????

Travel Day worn??????
what kind of BS is this???? I just cracked a box of Allen and Ginter and one of the relics was a BJ Upton travel day worn swatch of plaid cloth.

whats next, favorite breakfast used card?

RE: Travel Day worn??????
One of the reasons I don't buy A&G.
I collect Dany Heatley, Nicklas Backstrom, all Red Wings and most Yankees.

I think I have heard that the travel day jerseys are sp's So not too bad. How did the rest of your box go?

Its kind of a one-off thing for the Rays when they wore those blazers...I think its kind of cool (but this could all change if they over-do stuff like this)
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]

ok so this wasn't just some random shirt that they grabbed from Uptons bag to cut up. That makes me feel a little better about it.

I haven't really processed everything that I got yet, as far as relics I got the Upton, Blake Dewitt jersey, and carlos quentin bat.

I also cracked a box of Bowman and pulled a triple relic Carlos Peguero All Star Futures jersey, Lars Anderson graph, Stetson Allie graph, Yordy Cabrera graph, and Brian Fletcher refractor graph.

I'm just waiting for my half case of Bowman Platinum to arrive on Wednesday.

I pulled an Upton Travel day also, it's dark blue with tiny white polka dots forming stripes up and down it. If the travel days are SPs, selling and book value don't seem to support that. Mine is for trade if anyone wants it.

I think it was a team thing they did together... all of the Rays Ginter Relics are of the same style patch
Finder's Fee for these cards if I obtain them(NO EBAY or COMC).

2010 Neftali Feliz Ginter Relic,

(08-02-2011, 08:36 AM)captdolo Wrote: I think it was a team thing they did together... all of the Rays Ginter Relics are of the same style patch
Here is a link:
http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/rays/conte...style-week

FWIW I don't think Longoria has relics like that. I've only seen bat relics and for JSY they are just a plain white swatch.
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]

(08-02-2011, 01:09 AM)sesamestreet4life Wrote: I pulled an Upton Travel day also, it's dark blue with tiny white polka dots forming stripes up and down it. If the travel days are SPs, selling and book value don't seem to support that. Mine is for trade if anyone wants it.
Sounds like boxer shorts to me. Tongue

I pulled the Upton card out of a blaster box...looks like they took a shirt he wore traveling and got heckled about on the trip by his teammates and he donated to Topps in lieu of an actual jersey