`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is this an error? Roy Halladay?

Is this an error? Roy Halladay?
So im collecting the 2011 Bowman Bowman's Best subset i need about 4 more cards to complete the set. Looking over all of my cards the Roy Halladay i have in my set looks nothing like all of the other cards. For some reason this card looks orange. All the cards in the set are a very bright red... Below is a scan of a few of the cards including the Halladay. Let me know what you guys think and does anyone else have another Halladay to compare this too?

[Image: best.jpg]
https://rad3427.imgbb.com/
WANT LIST
1. Nolan Arenado RCs (all colors)
2. Ken Griffey Jr (90s inserts)
3. Bryce Harper RCs (all colors)
4. Mookie Betts 
5. Juan Soto

RE: Is this an error? Roy Halladay?
(08-01-2011, 08:10 PM)rad_1205 Wrote: So im collecting the 2011 Bowman Bowman's Best subset i need about 4 more cards to complete the set. Looking over all of my cards the Roy Halladay i have in my set looks nothing like all of the other cards. For some reason this card looks orange. All the cards in the set are a very bright red... Below is a scan of a few of the cards including the Halladay. Let me know what you guys think and does anyone else have another Halladay to compare this too?

[Image: best.jpg]
i have two with a more of an orange than the red, it's just a print flaw, as also one of my BBP is a darker blue than others.
Collecting: Auto's, G/U Jsy/Bat, Refractors, etc.., Harper, Trout, Jeter, Mantle, Rivera, Pujols,Ripken, Griffey Jr, Heyward, Cal Ripken Jr., Posey,
Other Auto's, GU cards will be considered

So basically i need to get a new Halladay... can you send me a scan of the three cards you have that look like this
https://rad3427.imgbb.com/
WANT LIST
1. Nolan Arenado RCs (all colors)
2. Ken Griffey Jr (90s inserts)
3. Bryce Harper RCs (all colors)
4. Mookie Betts 
5. Juan Soto

Looks like the same problem they had with 1994 Bowman's Best. The colors were all over the place shade wise.... You figure in 17 years they could have got it right.
[Image: Pinstripe2.jpg]
I need 2007 & 2008 Topps Sterling Base Cards #/250
My Bucket

(08-01-2011, 09:03 PM)rad_1205 Wrote: So basically i need to get a new Halladay... can you send me a scan of the three cards you have that look like this
yea, i can scan but i'll do it at work tomorrow, i want to try the new one, i think i can do 20 cards at a time. My current scanner don't work with Win 7 so i have to set up the laptop etc to scan at home. I'm thinking the 2 are Utley & Strasburg being off a bit. When i pulled the Cano i thought something was wrong but it turned out to be the refractor. I'll see if i have a spare Halladay thats accurate in color.
(08-01-2011, 10:41 PM)cptnemo66 Wrote: Looks like the same problem they had with 1994 Bowman's Best. The colors were all over the place shade wise.... You figure in 17 years they could have got it right.
i recall the 86 Topps team names having shading problems, blue was almost purple on some, reds were also orange. I had a few Gooden cards, all with a shade variation.
Collecting: Auto's, G/U Jsy/Bat, Refractors, etc.., Harper, Trout, Jeter, Mantle, Rivera, Pujols,Ripken, Griffey Jr, Heyward, Cal Ripken Jr., Posey,
Other Auto's, GU cards will be considered