`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.8 Average
Maybe its just me.

RE: Maybe its just me.
lol. I hear ya guy. My wife has been on my case about spending money on cards. She used to buy my retail packs but its like I can't just go to a store and get 1 or 2 packs. Its more like 24 or more.lol. I'd love to see her face if i got hobby. I only collect indians autos and gu. With retail i barely get any autos so finding someone to trade me some tribe members is awesome. She doesn't mind me spending 3. to ship.
....................................................................................................................................................
Autos under 20.00 bv I see matching. More for the auto and i don't mind adding alittle more to the pot.
Seeking: Lonnie chisenhall,justin masterson,choo,hafner, and more. If you wanna trade them check me out.
(08-01-2011, 01:56 PM)dbroockerd Wrote: This is true. I never know what i will trade for. I put things I don't want as much on the block and look for things I can use as bait or want for myself. I never know what I am getting until I get looking. We just did a trade, and I had no clue I wanted the card I got from you. I likely will move it later for something I want more but until then I am keeping it. That is how it works. I built a nice PC by moving cards and sometimes not always taking just what I wanted.

I can give a few examples: There are a few guys I deal with who are after certain things. I have to target guys like Wright, Longo, Braun, Pedoria, etc. I have no interest really in keeping those guys. However, the collectors who do need them also have something I want. That is why I always look. You never know what you really need. I feel having a broad range of bait is the best way to be able to trade with anyone when the time comes they have something you may need.
You make a good point. Never really looked at it that way.
[Image: ge_zpse4f470b2.jpg]
Wanted: Indians, Cavs, Rookies, Inserts,Lebron and Kyrie.

I just got a Choo auto in so let me know when you get some nice bait and we can trade.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

i uploaded more to the trade folder. check me.
[Image: ge_zpse4f470b2.jpg]
Wanted: Indians, Cavs, Rookies, Inserts,Lebron and Kyrie.

nothing stood out man, but I will keep an eye on your stuff

I will trade anything away if you have what I want. I will trade in others favor too.
The cards I want (mostly retired) are more important than something
like a heyward auto. As long as it is close to BV. Don't want to give away the cards.
[Image: dontpray11.png]

Personally, I never understood it all that much myself. The reason being is that game used and autographed cards really aren't that special anymore, especially game used. A cut autograph (if it's real) of Babe Ruth? OK, that's different. An autographed card of Derek Jeter? Not that big of a deal with the number of them available.

Additionally, I don't understand the differentiation between a game used card, an autographed card, and a serial numbered card from an insert card. Aren't all three of those inserts?

I figure people want to trade certain cards for certain things and that's fine by me. Someone may have a $150 BV card that they want to hold onto until something comes along that they actually want before they trade it away. The ones I don't like are the people with the mentality that their cards are so much better than yours, acting as if they are doing you a huge favor and therefore you should be giving them more in return. It's all cardboard (or metal/plastic in certain cases).

With that said, I have no issue with trading away more BV as long as I'm getting less cards back in return. All my definite PC items will never be marked for trade and everything else is open, as long as I find something I want. I won't trade just for the sake of trading.

The crazy thing is guys expect more for GU and autos when they may be getting cards numbered to 25 or less. A card numbered to 25 of someone like Prince Fielder or someone along those lines may be worth less than his standard GU but its a heck of a lot harder to get for the player collectors PC. I personally know that there are Thomas cards I need that book $2-3 each and they are a heck of a lot more scare these days than a $10 GU may be.

Dbrookerd. I cant believe you are trading the Choo you just got from me.
All joking aside without you my PC would be a little bare. Always a fair trader
I wish I had those rare $3 thomas to trade for your $10 gu!
[Image: dontpray11.png]

(08-01-2011, 02:59 PM)dbroockerd Wrote: The crazy thing is guys expect more for GU and autos when they may be getting cards numbered to 25 or less.
I have found it slightly humorous in the past when people have made statements that game used are mass produced and are not a big deal anymore then make a stink about it in a trade if they aren't getting a game used or more in return. Luckily, I'm almost out of those though!

(08-01-2011, 03:07 PM)dontpray Wrote: Dbrookerd. I cant believe you are trading the Choo you just got from me.
All joking aside without you my PC would be a little bare. Always a fair trader
I wish I had those rare $3 thomas to trade for your $10 gu!
Trust me, I wish you had them too.