`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.8 Average
Maybe its just me.

Maybe its just me.
I'm starting to get more trades going and its been going good. However I don't understand why some people will propose a trade and when you pick a serial/gu/or auto they decline. I mean the card is in your trade folder.For example they have 50bv in trades. So you pick 50bv and one happens to be either a au or gu. What is the big deal. I could see if its a 1/1 or no price card but if the card has a cash value whats the problem. I noticed they have a trade preference where you can list your terms. Why not put;Will only trade au's for au's and gu for gu and so on.

Just seems alittle weird to me. Anyone else find this kinda annoying. I just think if there is a 10.00 au its not like its worth anymore than that 10.00. Okay,thanks for letting me rant. lol Smile
[Image: ge_zpse4f470b2.jpg]
Wanted: Indians, Cavs, Rookies, Inserts,Lebron and Kyrie.

RE: Maybe its just me.
Some guys are like that. I never understood it either but they are. I have started to do a little more of that myself because others do it so much but I don't agree with it. BV $10 means BV$10 IMO, if they wanna go off sell value then that is fine but don't go by BV unless you wanna trade BV for BV.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

(08-01-2011, 11:41 AM)dbroockerd Wrote: Some guys are like that. I never understood it either but they are. I have started to do a little more of that myself because others do it so much but I don't agree with it. BV $10 means BV$10 IMO, if they wanna go off sell value then that is fine but don't go by BV unless you wanna trade BV for BV.
Thank You!

If they sold that 10.00 card they would only get about 4.00 maybe 5.
so why not just get 10. in trades. If the guy was a good player maybe i'd let them add a few more dollars to be nice.
[Image: ge_zpse4f470b2.jpg]
Wanted: Indians, Cavs, Rookies, Inserts,Lebron and Kyrie.

Yeah there are people that see it as "trading down" a GU or serial numbered or AU card for other cards. I'll slightly see their argument if you're offering 100 one dollar cards for a one hundred dollar auto. But yeah I think if you're offering two or three cards worth one hundred together for one card that is GU or whatever of the same value it's a fine deal.

Not all of us have he same access to cards that some people on here have. And making deals like that is the only way we're going to get some of the cards we want for our PCs.
Is this thing on?

I'm more than happy to trade away a $10-15 auto or mem for a late 90s Chipper Jones or other Braves Refractor or something like that.

Been at it a long time and I've never understood why some folks gotta go auto for auto or mem for mem on everything, but to each their own I guess.
[Image: Evil_Dead2.gif]

(08-01-2011, 11:43 AM)shivelycore Wrote: Yeah there are people that see it as "trading down" a GU or serial numbered or AU card for other cards. I'll slightly see their argument if you're offering 100 one dollar cards for a one hundred dollar auto. But yeah I think if you're offering two or three cards worth one hundred together for one card that is GU or whatever of the same value it's a fine deal.

Not all of us have he same access to cards that some people on here have. And making deals like that is the only way we're going to get some of the cards we want for our PCs.
I believe shively hit it out of the park with this one. I understand this when it is for high end stuff, but for low end I do not see their logic. Myself, I have no problem giving up a mid range card for several low end cards as long as they are for my PC.

(08-01-2011, 11:51 AM)dkotart Wrote: I believe shively hit it out of the park with this one. I understand this when it is for high end stuff, but for low end I do not see their logic. Myself, I have no problem giving up a mid range card for several low end cards as long as they are for my PC.
That is how it should be. I don't expect anyone to give $100 card for 100 $1 cards unless your gonna go way in their favor. I am currently offering a lot to a guy and he gets $500 BV for $300 BV but he is giving some GU (nothing over $25) and I am giving mostly inserts. So I feel like $200 in his favor is more than fair.

(08-01-2011, 11:54 AM)dbroockerd Wrote: That is how it should be. I don't expect anyone to give $100 card for 100 $1 cards unless your gonna go way in their favor. I am currently offering a lot to a guy and he gets $500 BV for $300 BV but he is giving some GU (nothing over $25) and I am giving mostly inserts. So I feel like $200 in his favor is more than fair.
Agreed with Dboockerd serial number cards and GU cards are mostly to me it seems sought after by player collectors not guys who want to make a lot of money of the bay or some sort. I dont like how some people try and say that since say your a griffey collector i am going to charge you more for this card becuase you want it and i want more out of you for it. Also RCs are the same way. I am not going to trade a 20 dollar auto for a rc that is 3.00 BV if i am a player collector.

Everyone is different though. Some player collectors will trade even value for any card he/she needs for their player PC. Each has there own way. Some will only do GU for GU, AU for AU, etc. I personally see GU and AU as similar unless they are huge cards like Jeter/Pujols etc. I think the book reflects the value. A Griffey GU may be $15 while his auto is $80. So if you try to stick to even values on both sides you should end up fine. The only exception being if you give a lot of smaller for bigger in which case that is when I think you go in their favor. It seems fair to me.

I go BV to BV for the most part with exceptions... like my 100BV Lincecum Auto rookie books for 100, but sells for 80-85 very often...with that I am not going to trade for lesser cards that sell of less than half of BV all the time

Also people like to keep big fish for when I see another big fish that I want. I need the big cards to get other big cards.
Finder's Fee for these cards if I obtain them(NO EBAY or COMC).

2010 Neftali Feliz Ginter Relic,